"Dumbledore wouldn't let that happen anyways," Harry said dismissively. That boy has too much faith in a man that doesn't deserve any of it.

Hermione looked back at Cora, curiosity in her eyes. "I don't think we've met before, I'm Hermione Granger."

"Cora Ives, I'm a transfer student from Ilvermorny."

"Oh! That's in America isn't it? I've always wanted to meet a student who went there. I read that it's quite similar to Hogwarts."

"I think it is. I haven't really seen Hogwarts yet but they do have similar house systems."

"You're going to love it! I could lend you my copy of Hogwarts: A History if you like. Merlin knows more people need to read it."

"That's so nice of you!" Cora beamed, "I'd like that very much."

"Which year are you going to be in?" Ron asked.

"Fourth year."

"That's the same year as us, I hope we see you in Gryffindor," Harry said. "I'm Harry Potter, by the way."

"And I'm Ron Weasley."

"It's a pleasure to meet you both," Cora said, making sure to not look at Harry's scar after he had introduced himself. The slight anxiety that was in his eyes disappeared once he realized that her eyes weren't going to drift to his forehead, which was quite a common reaction from the people he usually introduced himself to. He didn't feel like an object of entertainment for once, and for that he was grateful.

The rest of the short carriage ride was filled with small talk, mostly between the trio. Cora liked to observe conversations more than she liked to take part in them. She loved how carefree the trio were, she loved how innocent they seemed, untainted by the horrors of the world. They were merely kids, laughing and joking around, their biggest worries being Snape's potion classes. She hated the future that awaits them, and she vowed to do all she can to protect them and shield them from that dark world. They don't deserve all the pain and heartbreak that inevitably lays ahead.

She will be damned before she lets Harry experience all that pain again. She might not be able to change the past, but the future has yet to happen. She'll save them all. Cedric, Sirius, Remus, Fred, Tonks, Dobby, Lavender, Colin Creevey, hell, even Snape. She'll try her best to save every one of the fallen fifty, even if that might be almost impossible, as she doesn't know their identities. She will at least try.

The Wizarding World has lost so much in the name of pointless prejudices. People have perished and others were left grieving because a noseless idiot believed himself to be a God. He was nothing but a fool, blinded by the horridness of greed, and tempted by the seductress that was power. He will lose. Evil always does. It's strange how villians don't see that pattern.

The carriage came to a stop in front of the huge castle gates. Cora climbed out of the carriage, looked up, and gasped. There it was. Home. Home. Home. She was finally home.

The castle was the most magnificent thing she had ever seen. Nothing, absolutely nothing could have prepared Cora for the sight of it. Towers upon towers rose up into the clouds, as if they led up to the seven heavens. The walls supporting them were made of bricks kissed by time, and the windows that were crammed into every nook and cranny were painted with the stories of all the lives that have roamed the castle's halls.

She could almost see them, all the ghosts that once called this place home. She could picture James Potter and Sirius Black hiding behind these very walls, convincing a stubborn Remus Lupin to help them prank Mary Macdonald, Marlene Mckinnon, and Lily Evans, while Peter Pettigrew runs off to meet up with Dorcas Meadows.