Chapter 13

Kennedy had been snapped out of her thought by a soft knock at her door. She snickered at the thought of Rose making a soft entrance. She took a deep breath mentally suppressing any emotions she was currently feeling. She loved Rose and she knew she would listen to anything she said, but talking about the things that bothered or hurt her wasn't her strong suit. She had to look as calm as possible, Rose was one the few people who could see past her facade.

"Wow didn't know you were able to not pound on my door", Kennedy said as she opened the door, only to be met with ocean eyes shimmering down at her.

"Well I didn't want to scare you, I could knock harder if you want", Quinn responded sporting a soft smile.

Kennedy felt absolutely frozen. She couldn't make sense of the surplus of emotions circling in her head. She had so many questions and so little time to decipher them. She ultimately just went with embarrassed and slammed the door in Quinn's face.

"I'm sorry", Kennedy said coyly as she reopened the door, "you surprised me".

"It's alright, may I come in?"

Kennedy nodded opening the door wide enough of Quinn the step in. They both stayed at the door staring at each other. Kennedy trying to figure out what to say and Quinn waiting for Kennedy to tell her where to go. Quinn knew she needed to let Kennedy take the lead in order for her to feel comfortable.

"Do you wanna sit on the couch?", Kennedy asked staring at the floor.

"Sure", Quinn responded positively.

Quinn followed Kennedy to her couch the two taking a seat next to each other. Kennedy could feel Quinn staring daggers into her while she readily avoided her. Quinn definitely could read her and she wasn't ready to spill out everything just yet. Her bottle may have been ready to explode but she kept the cap screwed tightly.

So that's how they stayed, in silence, just existing. Neither of them made any attempts to make conversation for hours. Quinn was obviously ready to talk but she had patience like no other, she was willing to wait lifetimes for Kennedy.

Kennedy was falling deeper into her own mind. She was very embarrassed about what happened at Quinn's house, and now after ignoring her over the phone, she's ignoring her in person. She couldn't help but feel contempt for herself. She was being everything she hated. She was being like her father.

Kennedy shot up, her eyes wide and her body motionless. The feeling of realization washing over her body. She was hollow now and she could feel herself being filled with hatred.

"Are you alright?", Quinn asked. She turned to see Quinn looking at her calmly but her eyes clearly displayed concern. Kennedy knew she had to talk to her. It was either that or she'd lose her mind.

"My mother died when I was 17", Kennedy said in a monotone voice.

"She was my best friend my whole life, she did everything for me. When she died I lost everything, including very important parts of myself that she nurtured"

"Her death inspired me to go for my dreams. And that summer I signed to my label"

Quinn scooted closer to Kennedy, reaching out to grab her hand. Quinn wanted her to know she was still listening.

"I haven't spoken to my father since my mother's funeral. He was always a brash and practical man. I loved him don't get me wrong but what he said to me that day, washed away any confidence I had in myself", Kennedy clenched her thighs, digging her nails into her flesh.

All the emotions she had previously felt were pouring into her heart, weighing it down.

She felt the warmth of her tears rolling down her face, consumed with a lot of guilt and anger.

"What did he say?", Quinn asked, removing Kennedy's hand from her thigh. She knew she wasn't meaning to hurt herself. It was a reaction to what she was feeling, but she couldn't sit there and let it happen. She needed to get Kennedy to talk and let out the baggage she's been carrying.

"He-he told me", Kennedy sucked in a shaky breath, she was frustrated that the words wouldn't come out.

"Baby, look at me", Quinn called out, but Kennedy sat frozen. She didn't want to look at her, she was already a snotty mess and that was embarrassing enough.

Quinn grab Kennedy's face, and forces their eyes to meet. Quinn caresses Kennedy's cheek, rubbing her thumb over her lips.

"I never know the right thing to say in these situations. My relationship with death and dysfunctional families are very unhealthy. But if there's one thing my sister taught me, it's being open and honest with yourself", Quinn presses her forehead against Kennedy's.

"Baby I can see you fighting with yourself, and I hate that. You can't expect to tell me anything if you won't  even listen to yourself. Say what you need to say, I will always be here", Kennedy shut her eyes, absorbing the words just said to her.

As always Quinn was right. She was afraid of everything, but her biggest fear was herself. She no longer recognized the person in the mirror and that was a major factor in her growing self hatred.

She needed to find balance in herself, in order to feel alive again. Music no longer filled that void, and it was consuming her.

Kennedy sighed, falling into Quinn chest. She wanted to talk more but she was so exhausted. Her mind was flooding with potential solutions. But she knew none of them would suffice. Quinn wrapped her arms around Kennedy, hoping her comfort would be enough to calm her down just a little.

But Quinn knew this was way deeper than she ever could imagine. Kennedy was so complex, every time she thought she figured her out, something new happened. And Quinn was very unprepared for this.

She just wanted to make Kennedy feel loved and supported, but she felt her efforts would not be enough. And even though she was doubting herself, she knew she would never leave. No matter how hard it got, no matter how much she hated seeing Kennedy cry, and crumble before her eyes. She would always pick her back up.

"Tell me what you need to do and I'll help you", Quinn whispered, knowing fully that Kennedy had a plan in her mind.

Kennedy buried her face into Quinn's chest, grasping the back of her shirt tightly.

She sighed deeply before looking at Quinn.

"I need to go see my father"

————————————————
Hello to anyone reading this, I just wanted to take the time to thank you for reading my book. I know I haven't updated this one in a while, but I really do love it and enjoy writing. I just want to say it means a lot to me to see people reading it, and I would really appreciate it if anyone see this would comment! I just love interacting with people, and seeing comments. Anyway I hope you like this chapter and I will update this more regularly. I'm also currently writing two new books I think you all will like if you like this one!!
-Ace