Chapter 20

Kaylee's POV

"No baby I promise nobody knows a thing. He just shot the wrong person. Tell your watch dog to shoot the right person next time." A familiar female voice says. Shuffling could be heard as the person moves farther away from me.

"Ethan baby. Listen to me. He shot my best friend. He doesn't deserve your trust." I slowly open my eyes. My throat felt hoarse. Slowly looking around the room, I spot a glass of water of the table next to me. I grab it and down its contents.

"No Ethan baby I'm telling you. You better do something about your watchdog for what he did to her, or I'm gonna kill him myself." I turn my head and look. Isabella was the only person in the room with me as she looked out the window with a phone to her ear.

"No. Nobody knows anything and they wont know anything. Im here for a mission remember. I love you and only you. Im here to just break Bryson Jackson's heart so you can end him to good." She says placing a hand on the glass as she continues to look out.

"You fucking traitor." I say. She jumps dropping her phone and she turns around. My glare hardens as i look into her eyes. My own best friend, a traitor.

"How much did you hear?" She asks bending down to pick up her phone. "I'll call you back." She says before hanging up the phone.

"Enough to know what you're really hear for. To break my brothers heart. You of all people." I spit out. Her face saddens. An act.

"Kayls, please let me explain. Its not like that." She walks closer begging.

"No. I trusted you. Of all people, you. How could you do this to us? We treated you like family." I scoot back on the bed as she stops hesitantly. The door to the room opens as Bryson and Brandon walk in.

"What's going on? We heard yelling from the hall." Brandon asks taking a seat on the bed next to me. Bryson took a step towards Isabella as she took a step back.

"Tell him." I say. A glare tightens on my face as she takes a look at me before flinching. "Tell him what you're really here for. Tell him Isabella"

"Isabella? You never call her that Kayls. Its always been her nickname" Bryson looks back and forth between us as Brandon threw his arm over my shoulder.

"Tell him now. Or I will." I threaten. You could see her gulp.

"Bryson. I'm so sorry. I really a-" fake tears pool up in her eyes as I cut her off.

"Oh dont give him that fake ass bullshit. Tell him the truth about why you are really on our territory for. Tell him everything." I scream out. Bryson looks at me shocked.

"I'm here on a mission from the Northside. I'm here to break your heart so Ethan, who's my fiancé, could actually kill you. Bryson I'm so sorry. I didnt mean to fall for you. I just meant to get close to you guys. I didnt mean for anyone to get hurt." Tears pool up in her eyes again.

Bryson's eyes rim red. "Get off my territory." Brandon's voice spoke up from next to me. "Get off my territory now, before i kill you myself."

Isabella nods before heading towards the door. "Pack your shit and make sure you are outta my territory within the hour or i swear to god, ill go after everything you love dearly." Bryson spoke next. He wouldn't dare look at her.

Isabella sniffles and nods slowly before opening the door. She steps out and looks back one last time. "Please know that I-" I grab the gun from the nightstand next to me and fire at the wall next to the door. She bolts from view.

"Bry?" I ask slowly putting the gun down. I nod towards Brandon who stands up and heads for the door also.

"Two weeks I watched you from the shadows to make sure you were okay. Two weeks, I had protected you without you even noticing. Than a month ago, you get shot by the rivaling gang. Brandon has been at your side this whole time. I watched my best friend lay lifeless in a hospital bed and i couldn't even talk to her. I couldn't talk to you Kaylee." Bryson looks up from the floor with tears in his eyes.

"Oh come here twinny." I open my arms for him. He walks over and lays on the bed next to me as I scoot over. He lays in my arms with his head on my shoulder.

"This gets out to nobody, okay? You can't tell people i cried in front of you." He says softly as he starts to tear up again. I chuckle slightly.

"Right cause the big bad gang leader cant cry in front of his twin sister." I say as i turn my head slightly to look at him. His eyes seemed heavier as he laid still. Suddenly his eyes close as his breaths even out.

"I couldn't talk to you either Bry. But I'm here now and forever for you." I say before placing a soft kiss on the top of his head before laying my head on his allowing my eyes to close slowly. "You are my person" I say as i finally allow myself to sleep peacefully for the first time in what feels like forever.