True Intentions

Cuphead and Mugman continued walking through the dark island. The duo were scared, but they went through the forest. "Is it really just us now?" The mug asked, Cuphead gave a uncomfortable nod. Mugman turned to the shrine that Knuckles kept the Master Emerald. "I wonder how powerful that is...?" Mugman asked. Cuphead turned to him, "We could go and see..." Cuphead said, uncomfortable about the idea himself. "But Knuckles said it was stolen!" Mugman reminded. Cuphead sighed, remembering that was indeed what he had said. Cuphead then had another idea.

"Let's go up onto the podium!"

Mugman turned to Cuphead in alarm, "Are you crazy?!" Mugman screamed. "Mugman... It'll be fine!" Cuphead said. "You say that every time..." Mugman grumbled to himself. Mugman sighed as he followed his brother up the stairs. There were a lot of stairs. Mugman panted, "Cuphead, I'm tired....." "Deal with it..." Was Cuphead's tired response. Mugman whimpered. Cuphead groaned. The duo finally made it to the top, sighed, and fell.

Cuphead and Mugman started at each other in silence for a while before the older brother spoke.

"You know, Mugman... I've really been contemplating my life today... Everything we know is flipped, The Devil and King Dice have teamed up with a new force... We're alone. We have no idea where Elder Kettle is... Sonic, Tails, and Knux has turned to the dark side. Life is kinda stressful right about now..."

Mugman turned to Cuphead, "I know it's hard, Cuppy. But we have to keep going! We've tried time and time again, and we've always succeeded. This is one huge battle. We all have our mistakes we've made! Cuphead, please.... don't worry. I look up to you, bro! You're one of my best friends... And I don't wanna lose you."

"Why shouldn't we give up? We've lost everyone! It's just us, Mugman! We aren't gonna be enough to them! We're no help! All we have are our bullets, nothing else! In fact, I'm pretty sure we aren't gonna make it out of here alive! I'm worthless to everyone, and I failed them!"

"But you didn't! It wasn't your fault!"

"Yes it was, dude! I failed everyone, and half the reason Sonic got taken was because I screamed at him in those woods!"

"Don't worry, big bro! We all still love you, and you're our friend!"

Cuphead sniffed, and turned toward him. "I shouldn't have screamed a-at him, and-and... I just wanna go home!!!" With that, he started crying.

"Cuphead, please calm down! I love you bro! And we need to escape together! Sure this is hard, but, the Cuphead I know would NEVER give up! Think about when our souls were on the line! We got crushed, burned, and so much more! But did you give up? No!! You never gave up when we lost! You always told me to get back in there and help you fight! so, take my advice! We'll leave Angel Island tomorrow, and find a new one to find our friends! Okay?z"

Cuphead looked at him, smiling. He nodded, and grabbed the Mug's hand. "Thank you! Let's go to sleep!" Cuphead stated. Mugman grinned, and lay on the stone. He was happy. And that's all that mattered...

*

The machines sparked the bodies of the threat. Eggman smiled as all of Team Sonic floated in their cases, their DNA being floated to their copies, fueling them. The water wouldn't make you drown, it was a liquid that copied their DNA, corrupted it, and brought it to their copies. Eggman made sure they all stayed unconscious during this process. He looked at all of his victims and smiled.

"How are you doing on that machine?"

Eggman looked behind him, and saw the demon. "Everything is going just fine, boss!" Eggman yelled. The Devil snickered, "Good... I see you have the pack...? Have they all accepted their fate?"

"Not yet... Tails is still fighting..."

The Devil sighed. He knew that the fox was a bit more hard to crack than the rest of his group. Sonic and Knuckles had given up their DNA easily, but Tails was shaking and, almost seemingly crying. "The fox broke out of this machine once..." Eggman explained, "I thought I made it escape-proof. Guess I was wrong, so I tinkered with it for a while. And made it unescapable..." The Devil grinned.

"I am pleased with your mathematical mind.."

Eggman chuckled and proceeded to look at the team. Tails still shook. Eggman looked on, still a bit concerned, if the fox broke out again, who knew if the others would be able to as well.

Eggman was interrupted with a gasp. He looked and saw Tails, who was struggling to breathe. "How are you awake?!" Eggman asked angrily.

**

Tails looked from the other side of the cubicle. He felt he struggled to breathe again. He realized he was back in his tube. Tails saw Eggman and The Devil, who looked like they were arguing. The fox realized quickly he was strapped in a machine, no way to escape again. Tails looked around, and gasped as he saw Sonic and Knuckles in tubes beside him, unconscious.

Tails realized that had gained their attention. They turned to the fox, startled. Uh oh.... The fox thought to himself. Eggman suddenly shrugged and turned away. Tails looked and saw bits of DNA going toward his evil clone. Tails realized Eggman had won. He just had to hope Cuphead and Mugman were still out there. Tails felt like he was gonna end up drowning, he had no idea what the water did at all.

This is it... There's no way out.....

The fox finally felt himself passing out.

Goodbye....