Tails' Final Showdown

The cub woke up. The first thing Tails noticed. He wasn't in gut-wrenching pain anymore. He found a letter next to him as he was seated on a bench

Hello Tails,

Me and Cuppy fixed you up! We found  a black and blue patch on your tail. We could not fix that part :(. But we fixed everything else! We also had to go and find some food. We'll see you soon if your awake by then.

Your pal,

Mugman

The cub smiled, grateful that the two boys had fixed his damage. Tails prepared to fly off, when he remembered everything. His tail still hurt. Something was stopping him. Tails panted. Tails... you failed the game, I'm sending him

Tails yelped in horror. His tail... He suddenly couldn't feel it. He screamed when he saw it. His tail had turned robotic. "The injection... He tricked me..." Tails realized .He was interrupted by a punch in the gut.

The fox screamed. He suddenly saw Knuckles, looking even more terrifying in real life. Tails could feel something dripping from his eye. He hoped it was sweat. He could feel the wires being transplanted in him as he tried to fight the echidna. "I don't wanna go yet...." He cried.

The fox, in tears, looked at Knuckles, who had a confused look. Tails fell, trying to get up. He sobbed, and started to choke. "I think you know why I'm here and where you're going..." The echidna said in a darker tone than his usual voice.

He did know, and the thought made him panic more.  He tried the last thing he could do.

"Sonic!!" Tails screamed in panic.

"Tails!!!"

Sonic's voice answered as Tails smiled, but not for long, as his leg turned robotic, his other leg, as well as his other tail, became yellow and purple. "Mugman, we gotta get back!!" The cub heard Cuphead yell. He heard shrill whimpers from Mugman. Tails realized this wasn't the same form as before.

Tails fell in pain, "S-sonic..." He cried softly, " I-i'm sorry, I shouldnt have left... Please don't let me die! "

"Tails?!" Sonic finally came into the clearing. "I'm-" Sonic started, until Cuphead came in. "Mugs! Come on!" Cuphead yelled as he ran to Tails, Mugman trailing behind. Tails knew it was time to go. Mugman looked at him, and burst into tears. Tails looked at Mugman. "C-can you sing?"

Mugman looked, and nodded, with a shaky breath, he began

I'm sorry

I couldn't help you

But please, take a test

As you know I love you...

You'll be in paradise soon....

I promise you...

Please... Say hello

When we fix our future

You will be alive

I promise you...

Tails had turned fully possessed, the old soul's tears has turned shiny. Knuckles grabbed the fox, laughing vainly. "You're next!" The echidna yelled as he hopped off, laughing.

Sonic looked, not being able to process it. Until he saw him. Sonic suddenly started emitting black smoke

Attack

Attack

His fault

His fault

End him

End him

The Blue blur pounced with a spindash, hitting Cuphead. "Ow!" The cup screamed as he looked at Sonic, whose eyes were now filled with vengeance , and black smoke fueled out of him. "Sonic, what are you doing?!" Cuphead said panicked.

"I hate you!!"

Cuphead looked at Sonic, who had turned purple and yellow. His arm had turned robotic, and his spikes became clearly sharper. Sonic scratched Cuphead, the cup winced in pain. "Sonic, I beg of you!" Cuphead cried.

Sonic looked at him with pure hatred, he only said one word

"Vengeance"