37

"She's not... awake?" I was worried, the doctor said it should be some hours before she woke up and she's been in for over 12 hours. "They uh got the results, and she will be awake in an hour or two, when the sedative" My nerves were so high.

"What's the result? Don't lie to me please" I nearly beg Jaden. He shook his head and told me he didn't know, because no family was present. I was going to ask the nurses when they made their next round.

I heard a knock on the door and turn around. I see a slightly more showered and clean looking josh. "I brought some uh clothes" he says bringing a bag out from behind him. He took out hoodie and joggers, passed them to me.

He gave Griffin some jeans and shirt, and same with jaden, but with a tank top. Then he gave us all a random pair of underwear. "I also have clothes for cassie when she wakes up. Uh I don't know what she actually wears, so I got some leggings and this hoodie of jadens. and uh some underwear, I just picked out the first pair." I could tell he felt very awkward and if I were in that situation, I would feel the same.

I took the bag with the remaining clothes and put them by her bed. I walk over the the others

"so my mom isn't coming, says she's too busy and jadens parents make up for it" The four of us were stood in a circle thing. "Damn that's uh bad" josh says no really wanting to insult my parents

"Its shit, I'm so fucking angry at them"

"Their not coming?" I heard a voice say, but it wasn't any of us, I turn around and look to the door way, no one. Theirs no one else in the room.

"Not even to visit?" I turn towards the bed and see cassie sitting up on her bed, still looking extremely weak.

"Cassie!" I run over to her and hug her, she was awake, but u was still nervous about the results. "mom and dad aren't coming?" she sounded on the brink of tears, and my heart honestly felt crushed. I shake my head and I feel her crying into my chest. "I'm so so sorry, bubs, jadens parents land later today though" I could feel her nod her head. "Griff, can you get someone?" he nodded and ran out the room

"Is it the flu? I don't rememeber much after blacking out?" she ends the hug and looks up at me while she asks. I didn't know what to say so I nodded. " it could be the flu, or it could be a uhm tumor,  in the brain, we dont know yet, we should find out soon"

She shook her head "It can't be, no, no. i can't have a tumor, it's not possible"  I hear the other two start crying, i just pull cassie into another hug. "I'm sorry, I'm so sorry" I heard people walk into the room, and I hear a doctor.

"Is anyone here over 18 and related to miss reeves." i pulled away from cassie, and looked over to the doctor. "I'm her brother and  I'm 19, can you tell us the news please?" I was on edge all our nerves were running high. "Yes, I'm guessing an adult is at work?"

"My mom and dad live in Kentucky, while I live with my brother in la" Cassie told the doctor, he nodded and carried on.

"So we have done some scans, and the seizure wasn't a reaction to the flu" My heart stopped, completely, I looked at the three other guys in the room and my sister, and the seconds before he spoke felt like hours

"She has a tumor, in her brain, which cause the illness and seizures, they can also make people act differnet, but with where the tumour is , we cannot do surgery without lasting brain damage." I knew I had to stay strong, but that didn't stop me from crying.

That didn't stop any of us. Me and Josh, Griffin and jaden. It was the news no one ever wants to hear. My sister was going to die, and I could do nothing to stop it.

"How long?" Cassie didn't cry, she sounded angry.

"Well with the research, we aren't totally sure bu-" the doctor rambled. "How long do i have?" she repeated, not wanting anything but the exact answer.

"Anywhere from 3 to 5 months, your brain will be deteriorating, you may forget things or have mood swings." i couldn't believe what I heard

(I'm sorry about the turn it's taken, I just didn't want to end the book randomly)