Same Old Love

"What are you doing?" Emma whispered trying to fathom why this werewolf was currently climbing into her bunk late in the night. It was probably sometime between 12 and dawn.

'Need you' was all he grunted before he pinned her down with kisses along her collarbone, to which she immediately responded. She whimpered as he brought a hand up to her chest and squeezed through her shirt before tugging it up.

Of course, she realised. The full moon was tomorrow.

"They're right outside," she arched into him, giving him her undivided attention. She ground herself against his hips as they continued to kiss. Even on the top bunk, they both had to lay low so he adjusted himself a little better next to her. 

Discretion was their best friend.

"Busy keeping watch. They won't notice," he said. Tonks was back for the week with her updates and currently outside keeping guard with Sirius.

He slipped his hand between them to cup her only and make her whimper in response. Capturing her in a searing kiss, they both continued to rid each other of their bottoms before Remus gripped her hips and pressed his obvious need against her.

"We can't put a silencing charm in case they call for help," she reminded him as she went to suck on his earlobe making him close his eyes and take a deep breath. 

He still had to make sure he didn't lose complete control so close to the full moon. Her touch did crazy things to him.

"I can be quiet," he finally positioned himself at her entrance. He pushed in and they rocked quietly, fast, clinging on to each other desperately. Both on their sides, his fingers dug into her hips and she brought her hand to his face as Remus looked at her from the little light that entered the tent. 

Here in his arms, she was his. Her eyes were closed in concentration as she approached her climax and Remus' pride swelled at the expressions he and only he made her bring out.

But he knew this would be gone in the morning and she would throw on her distant charade once more when they woke up. The charade he had made her accept.

Once again he focused on her only to see that she had opened her eyes and was staring back at him. Without faltering the pace he cupped her face and rested his forehead against his. Her eyes softened and he saw her whisper Remus making him increase his pace before they both finally released.

Mine, he thought and gently pulled her in for a kiss.

Yours. She didn't say it out loud. But her eyes said as much.

In the morning, she would refuse to acknowledge him and he knew that. So he did the next best thing. Remus sighed and he held her for a few moments prolonging their unspoken comfort.

ϟ

"We need to talk." He said the moment she exited the tent next morning late in the day. Their nightly escapades since the forest a few months back had been taking a little toll on her sleep. But no one told her otherwise when she pulled a few extra hours of sleep here and there. Remus was more than happy to play the doting boyfriend and not wake her up in the mornings.

Play being the keyword because this is what they were doing.

Playing pretend.

"About?" Emma had been feeling feverish since she had woken up. She wasn't ready for the seriousness she had sensed in his tone.

"Last night."

"Just one of many. What about it?"

"Emma.."