Five Galleons

The drawing-room had been rearranged so that it resembled a makeshift gala hall. Except on a dingy floor of Sirius' ancestral family home. The couches and armchairs were replaced with small round high-tables that could have up to three adults standing in a tight huddle. With the help of an undetectable extension charm of the highest skills on the room, it almost did the trick.

Sirius and Fred were chatting when Remus caught Sirius' attention. Remus was trying to hold a conversation with Kingsley while sneaking glances at Emma dancing. Someone had put the Weird Sisters to play, and she and Fleur were dancing in the small space, sipping wine, laughing loudly every few moments at some inside joke. The werewolf almost looked as if he were in a trance. 

The only other people dancing were Molly and Arthur with a small appearance by Albus Dumbledore and Minerva McGonagall who had stopped by shortly.

"If you'd excuse me, I would like to share a few dances with my fiancé if you will," Bill chimed in a few minutes later and with a grin Emma handed Fleur off to Bill.

Emma decided to go talk to Hermione and Ginny who seemed to be in a private discussion regarding she could only figure boys, from Ginny's exasperated expression. She glanced around the room and caught Remus' eye who was suddenly caught staring at her. 

He nodded and smiled at her as if to pass it off as a fleeting glance and she blushed- cheeks now flushed from the two glasses of wine and none the wiser to Remus' longing stares.

She tried not to look at Remus too much. Because each time she did, all she saw was him looking handsome in his suit, standing there with a drink in his hand, other hand in his pocket and talking as if leading command.

Maybe they should have these parties more often, she thought to herself. It would be worth spending the day helping Molly with food prep just to see Remus in a suit. Good thing she was mad at him. Because she probably would've made a fool of herself in front of him early on in the evening.

Realising where her thoughts were heading in the middle of a crowded room, she shook her head and took another sip from her third glass of wine. She was still furious with him.

He probably doesn't even think of you like that. He probably prefers someone with more experience. She tried to think of reasons that probably kept him away from her with one of them being age. It wasn't even a ridiculous gap- barely ten years. He certainly hadn't seemed to mind back in the middle of their kiss in Hyde Park. 

The realisation struck her, 'He was probably disappointed by our kiss.'  

She distracted herself from her thoughts as she offered Ginny an ear to vent her Dean troubles.

ϟ

Sirius saw all this happen

Sirius saw all this happen...and by then Fred had noticed as well, intrigued by what had suddenly taken the man's attention. As if there was something more interesting than having Sirius' financial backing for their new line of Weasley's Wizard Wheezes products.