Chapter 36

I spent the Wednesday with my team. We had the client conference in siruseri so they had arranged a bus which would take us to siruseri. So we just spent the day at siruseri without doing any work or something. The next day was feb 14th valentines day. I was so happy this year. Every year I would wish my mom dad , sis and my friends but this year I have a guy who was very special. I know he was en route for a religious trip so I didn't message him my wishes. I decided to have valentines on Sunday after he comes back. It was just another normal day for me. I went to office and did my work. I didn't expect anything from Rishi. I had my breakfast and started working on my project with a big smile. I got an SMS from an unknown number. It said," hey did you get the shoe? If you get it send message to my number - Rishi"

I thought why in hell this guy is excited about a shoe. I sent him an SMS to his number and said," your shoe hasn't arrived yet. If it comes I will text you."Him: hey happy valentines day..I smiled and replied him back.Me: thanks and same to you too..Him: sorry I am unable to do anything for you today. Me: thu.. It's okay.. You just have a happy and safe trip. That would be enough.Then I just went back to my work. I was so happy that I kept smiling and singing to myself. I had lunch with Janani that day. I didn't tell anyone about what was going on between me and Rishi. After lunch again Rishi texted and enquired about the shoe. Now I was suspicious why does he want to know about a shoe? I didn't give this more thought. I just kept focused on having a lovely day. I was a girl who always wanted a romantic love story which never happened in 24 years. I could not just fall in love with anyone. I was different than other girls. I had more friends in guys than girls. I was kind of stupid but knew my limits. I liked romance in everything movies, books etc etc but I didn't have romance in my life. Realizing that I was in love and that too with Rishi was the most romantic event in my life. To know that he too is in love with me was just like the icing on the cake. I was scared, confused but I was in love. I sat at my desk staring at my monitor smiling like an idiot. I decided to have our favorite strawberry ice cream that day. I wanted to feel that Rishi was next to me. I called Janani for break she got her coffee and we got our ice cream. I could see Rishi everywhere next to me, in the cafeteria , in the ice cream shop , on stairs everywhere. He was not just leaving my eyes not that I was complaining. I heard his voice often and my heart fluttered. I got our ice cream and sat with Janani on the stairs we normally sat on. I ate my ice cream while she had her coffee. With each spoon of ice cream I could feel a lump in my throat. I could feel pain in my heart as if there was a big gap in it. I was missing him so much. I could not even finish my ice cream. Janani was frantically telling me some story and I was not listening to her words. I just could not listen to what she was saying. I just sat there thinking about what Rishi said. I consoled myself that I will get to see him in three days. I finished my ice cream unwillingly and went Back to my desk. It was already after 5 in the evening. His shoes haven't come yet. I just thought of waiting for some more time and text him while I left for the day. Around 6 o clock I got a call from an unknown number. I answered it. A male voice was in the other end.Him: hi Lakshmi irukkangala? ( can I speak to Lakshmi)?Me: this is Lakshmi..Him: madam we have brought your flowers.. Please come and collect it we are standing outside your office..I got shocked. Flowers??? For me. I knew this would be rishi's plan but I started shivering. I just locked my system, took my mobile and fled to the entrance of my office. I kept smiling and thinking about that idiot. He sent me flowers? Such an idiot. I was so happy. It was my first valentines day gift ever. My heartbeat was racing like a horse. My heart was in my mouth. I felt a little embarrassed to take the flowers. It was such a romantic gesture and my heart was very weak to take this kind of surprise. I went to the entrance and called the number.Me: hi .. Enga irukeenga?? ( where are you?) I am near the entranceHim: okay okay madam .. We are standing just outside the entrance.There were so many people standing there. I felt shy to go and actually get the flowers I wanted to run away. I started to search for any guy with flowers like they show in the movies. I could not find anyone. I called the guy again.Me: hi where are youHim: I am here.. Madam we saw youMe: what???Him: yeah you are the one in the black salwar right? Turn to you left..Me: no that is not me.. I am wearing a green salwarI started laughing thinking who this madman is talking about. He saw a figure and assumed that she was me. After lot of searching I found the guy. To my utter embarrassment they stood right next to a small shop and that area is crowded always. I decided that I should not be embarrassed my bf has sent me flowers on valentines day. I held my chin up and went to the guys.Me: I am LakshmiHim: okay.. We have flowers and a gift for you.I smiled and signed the receipt. They had a big bouquet of red roses. I could not keep my smile to myself. They took out the flowers , a box with red gift wrap on it and a little card. I told them to give me the cover. I put everything into the cover and walked slowly back to my desk.