What Did I Get Myself Into?

Dang it...

Madison scowled as she sat in yet another board room, surrounded by the people who now controlled her destiny. The first time she had been in such a room, it took every ounce of courage to keep herself from running for the hills. The big-wigs had once intimidated her...but not anymore

Now, as she sat, face-to-face with the big kahunas there was a calm confidence within her as the producers from the show tried their hardest to sell her narrative for her season. Beside her, Kristin tapped her pen on the desk, on the verge of an epic dance party in her head.

Once upon a time, Madison would've thought the woman was going crazy. In the two months since she had become the woman's client, she knew better.

When in her element, Kristin Dutch was a force to be reckoned with. Due to her small stature she was constantly overlooked yet she had used what the competition used against her as her ultimate weapon.

As the producer's pitches became increasingly worse, Kristin's tap of her pen grew more frantic.

Then...nothing. The taps like the needle on an old vinyl skipped to a suddenly halt. Madison could almost see the wheels turning in the woman's brain, wondering what method of attack she was going to take today.

"Is that the best you can do?"

Like a shark that had discovered fresh prey, Kristin attacked she shot down each idea the producers came up with. Madison nodded in silent agreement. She knew better than to speak up now.

"After the trash of last season, this girl deserves more than a few gimmicks and scandals," Kristin boomed. The thundering voice defied the pint sized boss lady as every man in the room shifted uncomfortably in their seats.

"Don't you think Madison?"

Kristin threw the question into her court leaving her wide open to stand on her own to make the decision that controlled her destiny. With her signature on a dotted line, her whole life could change in an instant.

In an instant, her bravery evaporated. Her mouth went dry as blank faces showed apprehension and slight aggravation as the lone women in the room challenged the circus they wanted to create surrounding her life.

Her heart knew that she couldn't risk another change of falling for an illusion of the perfect man. If she was doing this, it could only be on her terms as she was the only one taking a gamble on her heart.

"Yes. I don't think I can have another repeat of last season,"

Her voice was faint, yet she could feel the shift in the room. There was grunts of disappointment and the occasional comment that they should've casted someone else from the back of the room.

"And why is that?" Kristin pressed, giving her a swift kick of confidence.

Despite what Hollywood said about Kristin Dutch, when she went to bat for one of her clients, the woman hit homeruns so that they wouldn't be screwed over by the vultures at the top.

"I deserve more. I won't sign any contract until I am certain that I won't be embarrassed like I was last season," Madison announced proudly, suddenly standing her ground.

A part of her wanted to openly admit that her heart just wasn't set up for another major heartbreak. Although the show ran for only two months from premiere to finale, she had fallen head-over-heels in love with Ethan Wells from the first night she stepped out of the limo.

With his posh British accent, sandy hair and all around good looks, a man like Ethan was light years out of her league. Her heart had strongly protested, urging her to call off the entire charade yet week after week he sought her presence over girls who were his ideal type, she had fallen for the fantasy.