030

"did he answer?" max asked.

will shook his head and put down her phone. he came and sat on max's bed next to her. jane had pulled up a chair next to the bed as well as a small table to paint their nails.

"wait, what about the walkie talkie. we haven't used those in a while." jane suggested.

"mike doesn't have a walkie talkie." will frowned.

jane finished painting max's nails red.

"that's stupid." max rolled her eyes.

"tell me about me. when we started dating, he said he didn't want one. i thought it was annoying." will agreed.

"it's your turn, will."

will went over to jane and she started painting his nails white.

"do you think he's hiding something from me? something important?" will asked.

"personally, i think he is hiding something from you. only people who are hiding things sneak around and act strange." max answered as she pulled out a notebook and started writing something down on it.

"what's that for? it's not a school notebook." jane looked over.

"i know it's not a school notebook. this is a random notebook i have. and we're going to use it to help will." max replied

jane nodded and finished the second coat on will's left hand, then moved on to his right hand.

"so, will, on a scale from one to ten, how distant has mike been? one being not distant at all and ten is completely ignoring you."

"i'd say about a 5."

max then circled something in the notebook.

"okay, uh, how many times this month has mike got a phone call and when you asked who it was he responded with, 'don't worry about it?'"

"about 10 times this month."

max wrote something in the notebook, then looked back up. jane was on the second coat of will's left hand.

"now, has he said no to hanging out or going on a date with you because he had a family emergency of some sort?"

"yeah, he always says that his grandma is in the hospital or that holly has strep throat or nancy has the flu or something stupid like that where i can tell he's lying."

max wrote something else down in the notebook. jane finished will's nails and max, along with jane, asked will more questions, until max came to a conclusion.

"alright, will, i've come to a conclusion. mike is scared to tell you something important that he needs to tell you, or... he's cheating on you..." max trailed off.

will's heart sunk. those last four words made his stomach twist and turn.

he's cheating on you...

word count: 437
ahaha.....