Chapter 1: Iron Blood

Start from the beginning

"It's not important," remarked Lazarus.

"Then why are you calling me?" asked Isaiah, when suddenly, a chill crept down his spine. He instantly suspected that there were eyes on him. Isaiah turned around and spotted a midnight-black Mercedes parked across the street.

"I was just wondering how long you're going to be sulking," Lazarus said. "I'm tired of waiting around for you."

Isaiah rolled his eyes and cut the phone. He strode over to the car that he knew belonged to his brothers. The youngest of them two climbed out of the car and opened the door for Isaiah.

"I told him not to bother you," Zeiden mentioned with a snicker.

Isaiah grumbled a curse before he got into the car that welcomed him with warmth. He didn't retaliate against Lazarus because he knew that his brother was just doing his job as head of security for their pack. So, Isaiah didn't have any room to argue nor did he wish to.

Lazarus reversed the car and set off down the road. Isaiah fell into the smooth rhythm of their car which glided down the empty street, when they came to a halt at a red-light and broke his focus. Through the tinted windows of the car, Isaiah spotted something unusual. An elegant woman stood next to a black Mustang. Isaiah wondered how her bare legs weren't frozen off in this cold weather. She wore a satiny black dress with a pink Chanel jacket, that matched her strappy heels. Isaiah noticed her glossy lips were held in a pout and her eyes were wet; maybe it was tears or from the cold air, he didn't know.

Isaiah quickly realized that he lost a whole second of his thoughts to this woman. Without even thinking it through, he unbuckled his seatbelt and got out of the car in the middle of the street.

"What the hell-" Isaiah heard Lazarus and Zeiden curse behind him in the car. But that didn't stop Isaiah.

"Are you okay?" Isaiah jumped the introductions.

The girl's bright blue eyes glistened. "Er- no," she answered. "My car's tire popped." She pointed behind her.

Isaiah moved around her, which allowed him to get a whiff of her flowery perfume and see her long golden hair, which was stylishly curled to perfection. "Did you call any towing services?"

The woman's mouth opened and then closed. "I don't know their number," she revealed, which didn't surprise Isaiah because most people wouldn't know that piece of information.

Lazarus and Zeiden came from the car and surrounded Isaiah, which was bad because the woman slightly stiffened by all of their presence. Isaiah glared at his two brothers to calm themselves down from their overwhelming and domineering attitude.

"Call the tow, Zeiden," Isaiah instructed and his brother followed through without question. "Where are you headed?" he asked her.

"The Plaza hotel," she answered and her voice glided down him like sugary honey.

"Where are you coming from?" asked Lazarus a bit too sternly like he wanted to interrogate her. Isaiah rolled his eyes at his brother for being so rigid.

At first, Isaiah thought that this woman was a bit gullible for talking to men like them. He wasn't going to do anything to hurt her and he'd kill whoever tried... but one shouldn't trust strangers so easily. Although, this woman clearly had no problem sharing information with them. Isaiah figured that she was just desperate to get help or she was as innocent as a dove.

"I was coming back from the Bacardi residence when my car's tire popped on me," she told them.

Isaiah's brows furrowed. "Bacardi as in Czar Bacardi?" he asked. Czar Bacardi was a business tycoon and the alpha of the White Wolf Pack. Isaiah had a close relation with Czar and his family, which wasn't easy to achieve even for him.