Chapter 6- a randon undercover superhero confrontation

Percy, throughout the week, felt multiple sets of eyes burning into her back, questioning every move. The rest of the 7 and the Stoll's had returned to camp, but Percy didn't feel alone.

Her aquarium was thriving, visitors were flooding the gates and her animals were lapping up the attention. However, Percy constantly saw 3 men in her aquarium, two that were always and one wore sunglasses and looked to be detectives as well as one Atlantean that tried to look like as inconspicuous as possible, but his white hair and gills didn't really help him there.

After almost a week seeing them at her aquarium at different times over the course of the day, she decided to confront them about why they continued to scope out the aquarium.

Percy walked to the pair of detectives and asked them how their day was going. Their answer was satisfactory, but it sounded like was planned and lacked in details regarding their choice and reason to be there.

Over the coming weeks, Percy constantly saw those men at her aquarium, watching her. Couldn't they have made it any more obvious, they were people watching her instead of watching the marine life on display. However it wasn't until one dreadful night when she nearly blew her secret.

Percy was walking home from her aquarium after a late night show. It was very late, the stars were out and Percy just wanted to get home. She manoeuvred her way through the town like only an expert would know how, jumping fences and cutting through midnight-black alleys. She was only a few streets away from the beach and walking through a particularly ominous shortcut when she was jumped by a group of men.

She was cornered, counting at least 4 men around her. She knew that she couldn't draw attention to herself, especially considering that Annabeth was visiting on the weekend and they looked surprisingly similar to some of the guys on the young justice team. There personalities were masked, but the balaclavas and dark clothes did nothing to hide the grey, green and brown eyes and the muscular bodies under the form-fitting clothes.

She analysed the situation, reading the men and their motives. Annabeth always called her a seaweed brain but she wasn't always that clueless. Growing up in New York City had its advantages; one being street smarts. Finally she posed the question to them,
"What do you want?"

Percy was slightly concerned when they answered. The tallest one replied with, "information." Percy wasn't really sure of how to react, but she knew 2 things: one, Annabeth would kill her if she was indisposed for their weekend meeting and two, Percy has many secrets that she couldn't divulge to random 'superheros', otherwise she would be smited by a certain 'drama queen'.

Percy was sure that she couldn't be taken, and she couldn't see any security cameras so she took the most direct method to avoid becoming smited. Percy manipulated the mist in front of her, to make it seem that she stepped into the shadows and ran away, however she vapour travelled back to her house instead.