𝐬𝐢𝐱 - 𝐢 𝐰𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝

𝐟𝐞𝐞𝐥𝐬 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐢'𝐦 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐥𝐲 𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐲𝐢𝐧𝐠
𝐚 𝐠𝐚𝐦𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐢'𝐦 𝐝𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐞
𝐜𝐚𝐮𝐬𝐞 𝐢 𝐜𝐚𝐧'𝐭 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐩𝐞𝐭𝐞 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐠𝐢𝐫𝐥𝐟𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝

after my day at sea city with katie, i was ready to talk to sam. i had texted him about an hour ago and we agreed to meet at his house, but i still wasn't sure if i was going to tell him that i liked him.

i was a few minutes away from sam's house when i started to feel nervous. i wasn't sure about what i was going to say to him and if i did confess, how would he react?

once i walked up the driveway i waited for a minute to assure myself that i would be fine. sam was my best friend besides katie so i had nothing to worry about but somehow i felt like i was about to have this conversation with someone that i barely knew. i rang the doorbell and waited for someone to answer.

"oh hi, olivia!" kristy says as she opens the door.

"hi kristy, is sam here?" i ask as she lets me inside.

"yea he's up in his room. when your done hanging out with him can you come in my room? i feel like i haven't seen you in forever and i want to talk to you about something." kristy tells me.

"definitely, and i'll be quick with sam so i should be in your room within a few minutes." i say as i start walking upstairs.

i knock on sam's bedroom door and he answers almost immediately. that makes sense though since he was expecting me.

"uh hi" i say awkwardly.

"what's wrong? you've been ignoring me for the past few days and then yesterday you disappear!" sam questions.

"i know, and i'm sorry but yesterday katie and i drove to sea city for the day so i was pretty busy and when i got home it was very late so i went straight to sleep." i tell him.

"so that explains that but what about you ignoring me for the past few days?" he asks while slightly raising his voice.

"i'm gonna be honest... i saw you with stacey at the mall the other day and i got a little jealous." i confess without telling the entire truth.

"why would you be jealous?!" sam asks.

"i don't know! i guess i was just confused because you had just met the day before and you were holding hands and it seemed like a date!" i say realizing that we are now arguing.

"it was a date! i thought she was cute so i asked her on a date, but why does it matter to you?" sam fires back.

"like i said, i don't know! but i'm done arguing because that was all i came over for so goodbye." i tell sam as i leave the room.

after leaving sam's room i remembered that i had told kristy that i would hang out with her so i walked to her room and knocked on the door. as i waited for her to answer i realized that her room was right next door to sam's room which means she probably heard us yelling. eventually she opens the door and i walk in and sit down in her bed.

"hey what's up with you and sam? i heard you two yelling." kristy tells me.

"not much, we aren't on very good terms right now" i reply hoping that she would change the topic.

"so you like him?" kristy asks.

"why would i like sam?" i say trying to act dumb.

"olivia, you wouldn't get jealous of him going on a date if you didn't like him." she explains.

"fine, i don't know why i'm admitting it but i like sam." i confess.

right after i say that stacey mcgill walks in and i immediately turn red.

"oh my god! i'm so sorry i forgot i had invited stacey over!" kristy says with an apologetic look.

"you like sam?" stacey asks surprised.

"well there's no point in me denying since you already heard, so yes i do." i tell her.

"i'm so sorry i had no idea! i never would have said yes if i knew. i promise you that nothing is happening between us, it was just that one date." stacey confesses which surprises me.

"really?" i ask her, shocked.

"yea besides, i met a boy while in sea city yesterday so i'm totally over sam." stacey says while blushing.

"oh well that's great for you!" i say genuinely excited for stacey, "wait you were in sea city?"

"yea, mary anne and i got a babysitting job for a family vacationing there for a few days." stacey explains.

"i thought i saw someone who looked like you yesterday but i thought 'no, stacey is in stoneybrook'" i say and we both laugh.

"i'm so happy you two are friends now! before today you could cut the tension in the room with a knife when you two were together!" kristy exclaims.

"yea i'm happy too." stacey says.

𝐒𝐈𝐄𝐍𝐍𝐀 𝐒𝐏𝐄𝐀𝐊𝐒
if you haven't noticed
yet, the words at the
top of each chapter are
lyrics from whatever one
direction song i put in
the chapter title.
i changed the words from
"can't compete with your
boyfriend" to "can't
compete with your girlfriend
because i felt like it fit
the storyline better but
most people probably
didn't notice anyway lol.