Why did you leave? Chapter 1

This story may be a trigger.  Involves self harm. This is my second story.  My first one is The Day I Do It but I deleted it. The song does not have anything to do with this Chapter but it goes well with it.
_____________________________________

(Unedited)

Hello I'm Selena Gomez. I'm a 16 year old mute. It started after my brother died.  It was my fault.

(Flashback)
"Selena can I please borrow your car.  I  ran out of gas. " Bryon asked

"Hell no! You are not touching my baby." I yell.

"Your an ass you know.  I will take a cab but it's your fault if I die." Bryon said hitting my shoulder.

"Like that would happen ass muncher"

He tried insulting me but I just put my headphones in listening to 'My Heart's A Stereo' I heard a door close and saw Byron walking down to a cab.  The driver looked drunk but I didn't think to much about it.

A hour Later

I heard crying. I ran upstairs and saw my mom on her knee's with the phone in her hand.

"Mom what's wrong" I say scared

"Bryon's d-d-dead. The c-c-cab ran a r-r-red light and a c-c-car hit them." She stuttered

I couldn't say anything my throat was dry and it was closing. The room started spinning and I was getting dizzy. I fainted and I heard my mom screaming my name.

1 week later

I woke up in a white room hooked up to a machine. I saw my mom asleep on a chair.  Her eyes started to open.

"Selena your awake!  Doctors she's awake!" She yelled

Doctors came rushing in. Suddenly I remembered Bryon dying.  Tears started to stream down my face. I opened my mouth to talk but nothing came in.  I mouthed 'Mom I'm scared I can't speak'.

"What sweetie. Say something to me." My mom said.

I tried to say something but nothing came out. I mouthed 'I can't.' She understood and freaked out.

"Why isn't my daughter talking!  Why is she mute!"

(Flashback over)

From then on I've been mute. I've tried to commit suicide once but failed and I cut a little to lose the pain I'm feeling. I try to talk I just can't it's like I lost my voice. I get bullied by Ashley Clark, Luke Hemmings, and the rest of the preps. They go to ClaireView Highschool.

I woke up with sun shining on my pale skin. I looked to see the time on my alarm clock. 6:43. First day of school since winter break. Fun. Could you sense my sarcasm there.

"Selena Wake up. " I hear my stepfather Mare yell from downstairs.

I got up and stomped two times to indicate I'm awake. I started walking into the washroom. I looked at myself in the mirror. I looked ugly. I know I do people at my school say I'm ugly and fat and I believe them. I hop into the shower with my blade. I cut 3 new slits on my wrist and let the water drain the blood from them.  It stung but I'm used to it. I was never abused or anything extreme like that, but I can't feel things. I'm Numb. My whole body and emotions are, my nerves think that I shouldn't feel pain and I felt it enough so there is only one emotion for me. Numb. That's the word I told my therapist when I was at a mental institution. She asked how I mentally and physically felt. I used Numb. I was in there for a summer where I pretended to get better. I am not crazy the whole world around me is.

I grab my Honey Dove 2 in 1 and use it for my brownish-black hair.  I then use my Honey Dove body soap.  I only use honey products for the shower. When I got out I dressed in a green sweatshirt, a black scarf,  black ugs, and white and black leggings.  I then pulled my hair into a ponytail.

"Selena Breakfast! Come done soon to eat.  You only have 15 minutes till you have to start walking." I heard my father say

As I was descending the stairs I saw a picture of Bryon. I dropped to my knees as tears rolled down my face. 'Why did you leave?' is all that came to my head. One question he would never hear.