Three Headed Dog

HARRY POV

It was a clear breezy day and the grass rippled under their feet as we all marched down the sloping lawns towards a smooth lawn on the opposite side of the ground. Twenty broomsticks were lying in neat lines on the ground. We went and stood on the side of each broom.

"Good afternoon, class." Madam Hooch arrived. She had short, grey hair and yellow eyes like a hawk.

"Good afternoon, Madam Hooch." We all greeted her back.

"Good afternoon, Amanda." She said while passing a student on her way towards the front from in between of us we were standing in two lines. Ten student in one row and infront of us ten students facing towards us. It was me then on my left was Neville, on my right was (y/n) and next to her was Ron and infront of us was Hermione.

"Good afternoon." she once again said addressing more students on her way.

"Welcome to your first flying lesson. Well, what are you waiting for? Everyone step up to the left side of their broomstick. Come on now, hurry up. Stick your right handover the broom and say, "Up." " She explained I was praying that I don't end up making a complete fool of my self infront of everyone especially (y/n) who was just beside me. I have a crush on her but we are bit younger for all this that's why I won't tell her anything. I will just have to wait and see for few years if it's a strong feeling or it's just an infatuation.

"Up!" I said and to my surprise the broom on the ground flew straight in my hand. Well it wasn't as bad as I thought it could be. I smiled and turned my head to look around who else got their broom And of course it had to be Draco Malfoy. He looked towards me and smirked all I wanted was to march towards him and wipe that snarky grin of his face. But thought against it and turn towards my right.

"Up." (y/n) said and her broom came right into her hand she looked quite surprised I guess she didn't expected. She then smiled and turned towards me and took a glance towards the broom in my hand we both smile at each other.

"Up." Hermione who was clearly frustrated as she said it again and again but the broom just twisted on its place on the ground but didn't flew into her hand. She sighed deeply. I looked towards ron when I heard him struggling and repeating it again and again.

"Up. Up!" he said again but the end of the broom flew upward and whacked him straight on his face causing him to rub the spot again and again which caused me and (y/n) to laugh so hard.

"With feeling." Professor Hooch shouted as not many people were able to get their broom in their hand.

"Shut up, you both." Ron said as he saw us laughing but we didn't stopped.

"Now, once you've got hold of your broom, I want you to mount it. And grip it tight. You don't wanna be sliding off the end. When I blow my whistle, I want each of you to kick off from the ground, hard. Keep your broom steady,hover for a moment..... then lean forward slightly and touch back down. On my whistle. Three, two..." Professor instructed us. We did as she said but Neville's Broom was already in the air it was as if he couldn't control it. He was scared it was all on his face.

"Mr. Longbottom." Professor Hooch Shouted as he went up higher and higher

"Mr.. Longbottom! Down, down!, Neville! Come back down this instant!" She shouted once again but obviously he was clueless of what to do he didn't even knew how to control it. It just happened as he was nervous and frightened of being left on the ground, pushed off hard before the whistle. He reached the roof when he slipped off the broom and as he zoomed passed a statue of a man with a sharp spear. His robe caught on it as he was about to fall straight on the ground. He fell on the ground with a crack sound. We all went towards him crowd was form around him.