six

(Y/N) POV

"I cant believe you didn't obliviate that man!" Tina lectures us as she drags us out of MACUSA. "If there's an inquiry, I'm finished!"

"So why would you be finished? We're the ones that..." Newt gets cut off by a very frustrated Tina.

"I'm not supposed to go near the second salemers!" She exclaims but quickly notices something flying through the air. My attention diverts to the same area, only to see a billywig. A magical creature, native to Australia, quite speedy and has a harsh sting.

"What was that?" She asks as it flies passed our heads. Newt was already stepping forward to see where it had come from.

"Moth, I think." He lies. "Big moth."

Following closely behind Newt, in the distance the both of us could see a huge commotion. The side of a building smoking and destroyed.

"Oh my..." I trailed off at the sight.

"Come on," Newt starting speeding off towards the building.

"I'm telling you its a gas explosion again." A lady shouted furious. "I ain't taking the kids back up there until its safe."

"Sorry, ma'am. There ain't no smell of gas." The police man attempts to calm her.

"It wasn't gas, Officer, I seen it! It was a... a gigantic... a huge hippopotto-gas. Gas." As we walked passed the man, Newt had taken it upon himself to point his wand at the man and change his thoughts.

We ran up the steps of the building, quickly finding our way to the main source. Kowalski's room, it was in shambles. The wall was completely gone and the man himself lay on the ground, quite the bite mark evident on his neck.

"Mr Scamander, Miss (L/N)!" Our names had been called out by Tina from down the staircase. Newt scurried to bring the room back to its former state while I tended to Mr Kowalski. He then began rushing to close the case. Tina had just walked through the door as he clicked down the latches.

"It was open?" She asks through gritted teeth.

"Just a smidge," Newt awkwardly looks up at Tina as she rushes over to Kowalski's side.

"That crazy niffler things on the loose again?" She questions.

"It might be," I look at her crouching on the ground on the opposite side of the baker to me.

"Then look for it! Look!" I send a slight scowl her way. One that did not go unnoticed by Newt as he struggled to keep the slight chuckle in his throat from bursting out. "His necks bleeding, he's hurt!" She inspects his neck closely. "Wake up, Mr. No-Maj."

She reaches her hand in to feel around the bite when a magical creature had latched on and she let out a quick scream, before Newt quickly grabbed the creature, securing it in his case.

"Mercy Lewis, what is that?" She leans on her arms.

"Nothing to worry about. That is a Murtlap." Newt looks up at all of us.

"What else have you got in there?" She asks exasperatedly.

"You!" Kowalski explains as he finally sits up from his laying position on the floor.

"Hello," Newt smiles as he greets the man. A very cute smile if you ask me, a light blush making its way to my cheek.

"Easy, Mr..." Tina trailed off as she didn't know his name.

"Kowalski... Jacob."

Newt stands up and holds out his wand, this time he would obliviate him and not get into any more trouble. I stood aside, as I don't want to accidentally forget everything as well.

"You can't obliviate him!" Tina stands up and blocks off Mr. Kowalski from sight. "We need him as a witness."

"I'm sorry, you've just yelled at us the length of New York for not doing it in the first place." Newt complains eyes looking up and down. Its not often Newt's patience gets tested, and by not often I mean this is the first time I've actually seen it. I kind of like frustrated Newt...

"He's hurt! He looks ill!" Tina exclaims.

"He'll be fine. Murtlap bites aren't serious," Newt shrugs it off. "I admit that is a slightly more severe reaction than I've seen, but if it was really serious, he'd have..." He had quickly stopped himself talking.

"What?" Tina furrows her eyebrows, a facial expression I am now all to familiar with.

"Well, the first symptom would be flames out of his anus..." Newt looks down at the ground as he explains.

"This is balled up!" Tina sighs.

"It'll last forty-eight hours at most!" Newt talks speedily.

"We can keep him if you want," I offer.

"Oh, keep him?" Tina narrows her eyes at me. "We don't keep them, Miss (L/N)." She throws her hands around as she speaks. "Do either of you know anything about the wizarding community in America?"

"We do know a few things actually." Newt proudly replies. "I, for one, know you have rather backwards laws about relations with non-magic people. That you're not meant to befriend them, that you can't marry them, which seems mildly absurd to me." Yes, frustrated Newt, I definitely like this.

"Who is going to marry him? You're all coming with me."

"I don't see why we need to come with you." I sigh, now also highly frustrated.

"Help me!" Tina demands, struggling to lift Kowalski from the ground.

"I'm dreaming, right? Yeah, I'm tired. I never went to the bank. This is all just some big nightmare, right?" He asks as he finally stands up, leaning onto Tina for support.

"For the both of us, Mr. Kowalski." Tina rolls her eyes, as we all head out of the apartment complex, to wherever Tina is taking us.

----------

THIRD PERSON POV

Whilst, Newt and (Y/N) were being dragged to wherever next. Mary Lou and a few of the second salemers had attempted to get the influence of Mr. Shaw. It had not gone well. The words they spoke of magic, wizards and witches. It was all gibberish.

"Freak." The senator had whispered in a young boys ear. A troubled boy, darkness in his eyes, pain in his posture.