two

(Y/N) POV

It had been a few weeks since my encounter with Newt. We had since then met up multiple times and traded information we discovered back and forth. I'm not going to lie, in the three weeks I've known this man, I have grown to fancy him.

I was in quite the bind, he had told me yesterday that he was going to New York and then to Arizona to release Frank into the wild. Not only would I have to go quite sometime without seeing Newt, I would never get to see Frank again either. Me and that thunderbird have created quite the bond.

You must wonder what I do for a living? I'm a bartender at a wizard bar. Not very exciting I know. My dream is to be a Magizoologist like Newt, but I never really had the chance to begin that career. Maybe with the help of Newt, I can in the future. Trapped in these thoughts it took me a moment to realise there was someone knocking on my door.

"Oh, Newt?" You had not organised to meet up with the handsome wizard.

"H-hello," he smiled down at you. He was in fact 6'2, I was only 5'4.

"Are you okay? Do you need something?" I asked, gesturing for him to come inside my apartment.

"I-I was wondering if, um, if you wanted, to maybe come." Newt was switching balance between both his feet, looking at the ground. "To America that is..." The thought honestly couldn't make me happier. He was so shy, it was cute.

"Of course, I'd love to come Newt." I smiled brightly and pulled him into a hug. It took him a moment to hug back but he did none the less. "Would you like some tea?" I asked walking over to the kitchen to prepare my own cup.

"Yes please." He grinned and we chatted of the trip over a cup of tea.

----------

The same day of that conversation, I had resigned from my job. I had been saving up money for quite some time now.

That conversation was a week ago, today was the day of departure. Newt and I had been preparing for a week for the journey. The boat itself would take five days to get from London to New York. Yes, five days with Newt, on a small boat, sharing a small room. Being nervous is an understatement.

"Ready to go?" Newt stood next to you, ready to board the Temeresi. I simply looked up at him and nodded my head. With that we walked beside each other onto the passenger steamer, Newt with his case in hand.

We sat down on a bench on the top deck, a shiver running down my spine each time his leg would bump against mine.

"You know Newt, I've never been to another country before." I said as my eyes gazed over the water below. "It really is amazing how you have been to so many places."

"Next time I go somewhere, you will have to come with me." He smiles as he closes the latch on his case that had just popped open.

"Gladly," we were staring at each other smiling, I was lost in his eyes. Something I've noticed about Newt over this last month, he doesn't make eye contact much, at all. So when he does, you take it in, all that you can get of his sky blue irises. The stare was quickly interrupted when I felt something snuggle into my stomach. Looking down it was the niffler.

He does this a lot. It seems he is quite fond of me, or maybe I just have a comfy lap?

"Ah, sorry about him." Newt scratches the back of his neck before grabbing the niffler and putting him back in the case once more.

"Its fine Newt, you don't need to apologise," I place my hand on top of his that sit upon his case. "Its not your fault he likes me better," I could tell that sentence had got him going.

"W-what, no he does not." Newts mouth open wide enough to catch flies. I raise an eyebrow slightly at the statement. "Ok... maybe a little." He finally admits, chuckling a little.

---------

The sun was setting over the horizon, the reflection on the water creating a dazzling orange. The glow of Newt's skin under the setting sun, I could live in this moment forever. However, my eyes were growing heavy, it had been quite a busy week. Before I knew it, I felt myself drifting into slumber still sitting on the top deck. The last thing I felt before falling asleep was my head on a firm but comfortable surface.

---------

THIRD PERSON

Newt had the face of a tomato, bright red. Over this past month he had grown a specific set of feelings for the (H/C) haired, (E/C) eyed witch. She was kind, thoughtful and understood his love for magical creatures. She even loved them herself, he could see it in her eyes. Not only that, they loved her too. However, his shy demeanour always stopped him from saying anything. It had only been a month, would it be too soon? Surely she wouldn't like him back, he is awkward and annoying. These were the thoughts constantly invading his mind. Apart from his creatures of course. So obviously when she had fallen asleep with her head on his shoulder, he had been startled by the feeling of his heart beating out of his chest.

The sun had now fully set, it had been about half an hour since she fell asleep on Newt's shoulder. The only thing illuminating their surroundings are the steamers lamps. He knew he had to wake (Y/N) up so they could actually get a decent night sleep in actual beds out of the cold winter air.

He reached over and gently shook her shoulder. (Y/N) groaned as she half awoke from her slumber. Once realising what her head lay on, she sat up quickly now fully awake. "I'm so sorry," she spoke fast petting down the spot where she had previously rested her head on his shoulder.

"Now who is the one apologising?" Newt teased playfully as they stood up and walked to their room. "Shut up," she lightly slapped his arm and they laughed together until they reached the door.

"Dibs right bed!" (Y/N) ran and jumped onto the single bed placed against the right wall whilst Newt placed down his case and walked to the left.

"Hey Newt?" (Y/N) started talking as she laid herself down into bed.

"Yes?" He responded doing the same.

"I want to be a Magizoologist, will you help me?" She turned onto her side to face him.

"Of course, it would be my pleasure." He smiled at her and she smiled back not long later they had both drifted into dream land.