Chapter 1

I intend on not writing any more A/N unless absolutely necessary after this, but I just need to get a little bit of info out before we start (not that any of you are actually going to bother reading this, but if you are, good on you!). Anyway, this story is inspired by the story that @Literallyobsessed wrote: "The Highschool Experiment." I absolutely loved their idea, and I think that there should be more stories like it out there. That's why I'm doing this. Plus, once I get a story idea my head, there is nothing that make it go away. I'm going to try and keep this story in 3rd person all the way, but who knows what will happen?! Also, in this story, Percy and Annabeth are both 17, and they are both seniors. This story can also be found on Tumblr, Ao3, FF, Webnovel, and Inkitt.

THIS GOES FOR THE WHOLE STORY: I don't own PJO, sadly. That title goes to Uncle Rick. The plot's mine though. Sorry if any PJO characters turn a little OOC, I can't control that, but I'll try.

And I just wanted to thank my wonderful and amazing beta, JJ. You can find them on Ao3 as nightskywithrainbows. Go check them out!

That's it! I hope you enjoy this story, and please comment, vote, and add this story to your library! Happy reading!

– your author

ΩΩΩ

Percy Jackson: the popular captain of the swim team.

Annabeth Chase: the nerdy new girl.

Both of them are on opposite sides of the popularity scale, and are thought to have never even spoken to one another. However, that rumor is completely wrong. In fact, Percy and Annabeth are dating, just without the knowledge of their classmates.

There are a lot of things about those two that the students at Goode High have no idea about. For example, they are both part of the most powerful group of demigods alive, and they are the unofficial leaders of Camp Half-blood, one of only two safe places in the world for demigods. But enough of that, let's get back to their secretive habits.

Three weeks ago, Percy and Annabeth were enjoying themselves with the rest of the Seven and Nico at Percy's apartment when Leo made a remark about Percy and Annabeth's relationship...

"Look at you two! I haven't seen you guys apart since Annabeth went on her quest! You guys have some serious codependency issues." he said.

Percy and Annabeth gave each other an incredulous look before Annabeth responded, "Not true! I can handle being apart from him!"

The prideful young demigod couldn't just ignore a direct blow to her pride, whether it be intentional or not.

"Yeah, right! I'll believe it when I see it," Jason cut in.

"You know what? We will prove it to you, one day, we will," Annabeth vowed.

Two weeks later, Annabeth was starting at Goode, and the opportunity had arisen for the duo to prove their friends wrong. Just as they were about to leave for school, Annabeth got the idea that they should pretend to not know each other at school and see how long they could last. Percy was hesitant at first, but was evidently convinced by his girlfriend, as always.

Now, another week having passed, Percy and Annabeth were walking to school. When they get closer, they have to separate so that it doesn't look like they came together, but for the moment, they were walking hand-in-hand down the sidewalk.

"Are you sure you wanna keep doing this? I mean, I hate not being able to kiss you at school! It's torture to see you ten feet away, but have us not even give each other a hug!" Percy said.

"I'm sure. This can be good for us; having some space, you know," Annabeth exclaimed.

"Alright, fine," he sighed, and then started to walk faster because Goode was coming into their sights, "Just know that I'm expecting a prize at the end of today for my efforts, ok?"