Chapter 14: Caracole Island

Start from the beginning

"Did anyone see an Alvarez ship?" Lucy asked. They shook their heads.

Suddenly, Carla gasped. "But there's one approaching!"

Wendy gulped. "Do you think they're looking for us?"

"They could be." Erza frowned. "We should hide."

"Um, hide where?" Gray scanned the area doubtfully.

"Let's go towards the forest." Lucy suggested. They took off as fast as they could. As they did, they heard a loud voice booming behind them.

"Listen up! We're soldiers from the Brandish Squad. We're looking for 4 wizards from Ishgar!" The captain of the ship shouted. "They're traveling with 2 Exceeds and pose a danger to everyone. If you have any information on their whereabouts, you'll tell us, or suffer the consequences."

"Um, they ate at my stand..." The star mango stand owner nervously offered.

"Did you see where they went?"

He pointed towards the forest. "I saw them running over there."

"After them, men!" The captain ordered.

"Damn that man!" Gray growled. 

"Just keep going!" Erza demanded. "If we lead them away from the town, no one else has to get hurt."

"What's the Brandish Squad?" Lucy asked as they ran.

"I have no idea." Erza replied.

"There they are!" The team ducked as they were shot at.

"They're fast!" Happy panted as he and Carla flew into the air, avoiding blasts of magic.

"Guess we'll have to fight." Wendy said grimly.

"Let's make this quick." Erza said as she requipped into her Clear Heart Clothing. "And no E.N.D., Lucy. No matter how bad it gets."

"Okay." Lucy nodded as she changed into her Cancer Star Dress.

"Ice-Make: Floor!" Gray smirked as the soldiers fell to the ground with a loud thud. 

"Sky Dragon's Roar!" Wendy sent them tumbling down the hill. They stumbled as they stood.

Erza  and Lucy quickly took care of a small group of men attempting to sneak up on them.

"That was easy." Wendy said triumphantly as they surveyed the scene.

"Too easy..." Erza looked around with suspicion.

Suddenly, they heard slow-clapping. They all turned around. "Very good. I'm sure Emperor Spriggan and Brandish will be pleased that you took out all of those soldiers." It was the captain of the Alvarez ship. He clapped loudly and all the soldiers stood back up, chuckling.

"What? They're not even injured!" Carla gasped.

"This is bad..." Gray frowned as he threw his shirt to the side.

"It's gonna be quite disappointing to take you guys prisoner. After all, you did put on quite a show." The captain smirked before frowning. "Get them!" The soldiers surrounded them.

"Carla, we need to grab them and get them out of here." Happy whispered. She nodded. They grabbed their teammates and flew off in the direction of the Alvarez ship.

"Shoot down those cats!" The captain demanded.

"Oh no, we can't dodge their attacks as well because of the weight." Carla said worriedly.

"Just a little further then put us down." Wendy said. "Hopefully, we can find some soldiers on the ship."

Suddenly, Happy got hit. "AHHHH!" He, Gray, and Lucy screamed as they plummeted to the ground.