Untitled Part 6

I don't know what the ship is called, I believe that's what it is called tho.

Anyways! Happy Veterans Day! ... No? To early? Oh. So... Happy holidays! No? Uh... Happy... Kwanzaa! Oh, it's the New Years... totally noticed that...

No but seriously, Happy New Years or Merry New Years or whatever. I lied about having something, cause I realized it be more appropriate for a different holiday.. So you get this!

Note: The song is "Paper Scars" by Lovedrug. If it's not obvious what the ship is, it's between Simonhds and iBaki.

"Simon!"

"Baki!" The two friends found each other, pulling each other close. Baki was shaking. Simon was covered in soot. They were both quietly crying. An explosion rumbled in the background, and the two backed away from the other. "Please tell me you're okay."

"Of course I am." Baki smiled softly at the other. "It's only a few bruises. I can deal." His smile fell as he inspected Simon. "Are you okay?

"I'm fine."

Fall into pairs

Like two ugly fish

Too rare for extinction

I know

"Look! Kids! Get em!" A voice howled. Baki looked over his shoulder, but could barely catch a glance of the soldiers before Simon pulled him up and away. He stumbled a bit, almost tripping, but was able to get his feet underneath him before he fell.

The stomping of the feet got louder as they were unable to get away. Simon tried to speed up while pulling Baki along side next to him, but Baki wasn't that well off in running.

The soldiers eventually had Baki's other arm, and all the boy could do was slip out of Simon's grasp.

The veins in your hand

Felt sort of like summer

"Baki!" Simon screamed as he lost the grip on his friend's wrist. He came to a halt, but soldiers were already grabbing at Baki's shirt collar while the boy struggled.

"Simon, run! Find Bodil and Ghost!" Baki yelled, trying to hit the attackers with his limbs. Simon's legs locked up. He could run and find the others, or he could try to help his friend and probably get captured as well, leaving the rest with believing the two to be dead.

Calm to the touch
On no

"But, Baki-!" Simon cried out, taking a step towards the group.

"Simon, go!"

"Get the other young lad, we got-"

And my God

How did we survive

B
O
O
M

The paper scars, oh

Bless the stars

An explosion rattled the earth somewhere nearby, throwing everyone into some crazy direction. When the smoke cleared, the soldiers and Baki, who had taken the brunt of the blast, lay unconscious. Simon crawled over to the other and sobbed, the noise causing the other to awaken.

"Baki, this is all my fault." Simon sobbed. "I'm so, so, so very sorry." He pulled Baki closer to him, tears dripping into his friend's neck. The white haired of the two only closed his eyes and smiled contently.

You said you're sorry

"It's not any more your fault then it is mine." Baki sighed out, loosely hanging his arms around Simon's neck as he got crushed by the other's arms. He slowly raised one to go and pet Simon's hair, trying to quiet his sobbing friend. "You couldn't have done anything either way."

"But I could have tried, Baki. I could have... done something. I don't know what, but doing something would have been better than me just.. doing nothing." Simon buried his face in the crook of Baki's neck. "Baki, please, don't die. I-it'll be okay."

You said you're sorry

"W-we both know it won't be okay." Baki whispered. Simon found a way to clutch even tighter to his dying friend. "Get to the others, and get them out of here alive. Please make sure the same thing that happened to me doesn't happen to them."

"Baki you'll make it! Don't say that..." Simon said, not wanting to believe Baki was going to die.

"Just accept it, Simon! God...!" Baki screeched, his voice cracking in between. "Just... go. I'm dead. I don't want the others dying too." He pushed himself away from Simon, looking the other in the eyes. "Promise me that." Only when Simon nodded, did Baki smile. "Thank you Simon... Now, go, please."

And with a heavy heart, Simon got off of the ground and left his dying friend, determined to find the others.