Chapter 2: Pushing

"Not all who wander are lost".
~ j.r.r. Tolkien

Selene

Three months later...

I stand outside admiring the view of the lake. Stephan is sitting next to me silent. He hasn't spoken much since the incident. After awhile, we pack up and go back to the cabin.
It was more of a lodge though. A two-story log building, set next to a big lake. The perfect location of Sonoma, California. One of my Dad's properties, we used to come here on vacations. It turned put to be the perfect hide out. Not to mention the beautiful, black Mercedes and a huge Lincoln truck parked in its garage.

It was practically in the middle of nowhere. A fifty mile drive to the nearest town, concealed in the middle of the woods, no major packs to be worried about.

But I know we can't stay for long. My brother has an idea to rotate between the seventeen properties. Stay for six or so months, then on to a new one.

But I don't really care, I miss my sister. I want to find her and kill the bastards that took her.
I voice these concerns to my brother, " It's too dangerous, you could get killed, then what would I do? I promised Mom and Dad that I would take care of you", he says to me.

"I'm not a little kid any more, Stephan, I can handle myself, haven't I proved that to you?", I say looking into his eyes,"I'm going to find Stacey, it's my fault she's gone and I plan on getting her back", I say with determination.

"You won't be going anywhere and that's final. I will chain you to the cabin if I have to", he says in an angry tone.
"How can you do this, she's our sister!We are all supposed to look out for each other, and leaving her to be killed, or worse, is okay?", I say my voice rising. Knowing if I push him he might crack.
"We don't even know if she's alive", he says quietly. I know he's thinking about my plan seriously when he says this. But he's also thinking about what's best for us.
"Then we should find out and if she's dead, slaughter who ever did it. And if she's alive rescue her, then slaughter who ever took her", I say.
" It's kind of weird to hear your baby sister talk about slaughtering someone", he says lightly, a ghost of a smile playing on his lips.

"Fine", Stephan says after a while, a serious expression on his face, clearly thinking about Stacey. I'm about to squeal with joy when he adds, "but your staying here, staying safe, and out of harms way". I'm about to protest when he looks at me and says, " I can't go save one sister when the other is not safe", a pained look crosses his face," I can't lose you, Selene, I would never forgive myself if something happened to you", he says.
Reluctantly, I give in, but only for my sister.
He gets up most likely to prepare to leave.
"Go get some rest, sounds like we are going to have a busy day tomorrow", he says before walking to his room, me trailing behind him.
===========================
Stephan wakes me up early to tell me the plan: He is going back home to look for clues. He will be gone for two weeks, if he does not get a lead by then he will come back. But if he does he will be back in a month, hopefully, with Stacey.
I am to stay here hidden. The only time I get to leave is to get supplies. If he is not back in a month I must go to the next cabin location. If he just had trouble with the Rogues when he's not back he will meet me at the next location. Otherwise, I am just to do the rotation of cabins as planned.
"Well, I guess this is it, lil sis," he says embracing me in a hug.
"Stay safe", he whispers in my ear.
"I will," I promise. His kisses my temple, releases me, turns to go. I watch as he climbs into the car and drives away. I stand there in the door way until his car disappears. Then I close the door, lean against it and pray to the Moon Goddess to bring Stephan and Stacey home safely.
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

A/N
Hey, guys well that's chapter two! Sorry if it's short! I would love to get some feedback from you, anything to improve my writing skills. That's it, please vote and comment!
xoxo Dony