Chapter 1: Falling Apart

"We are all like the bright moon, we still have our darker side".
~Khalil Gibram

Selene

Six years later...

I ducked quickly to avoid the hit. And swiped my fist towards his head. He caught my fist and kicked me in the shins, I fell to my knees and grabbed the back of his shins causing him to crumble to the ground. I quickly got on top of him and started to air punching his face.
"Ha ha, I win", I said sticking my tongue out at him.
"Because I let you win", he said grinning up at me.
"Dinner",my mother yelled from upstairs. I climbed up off my brother and helped him up. We run upstairs, happy to have a meal after a good couple of hours of training.
As we sat at the table I noticed my sister's absence.
"Where is Stacey?", I asked my mother.
"She is at a party", my father replied. I wish I could go to a party. I wish I could do a lot of things. Like go to school, or meet people, heck it would be great to go outside and smell my mother's daisies. But I couldn't.
I'm to special, to important to go outside. I was starting to become pale from the lack of sunlight.
My mother and sister were beautiful. They had long, golden blonde hair, pretty blue eyes. That contrasted perfectly with their tanned, smooth, unblemished skin. The kind of bodies that remind you of a Barbie doll. Me on the another hand, took after my father. Dark wavy hair, a paler skin tone, I am 5"3, on the shorter side of life. My eyes were a discussion in my family; my mother insisted they were blue,like hers, my father thought they green, like his. But my brother though they were a grey, almost silver. My sister, after she stared at me for ten minutes came to the conclusion that they were hazel. To make everyone happy I said that my eyes were grebluzel.
After dinner I helped clean up and went upstair to my bedroom. I took a shower, put on my pajamas, turned off the light, and fell asleep as soon as my head touched the pillow.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>

I woke up to a banging sound. I looked at my clock, it was 3:34am. Still groggy from sleep I got up to use the bathroom, ignoring the banging sound, thinking it was most likely my drunk sister coming home from the party.
When I got out of the bathroom I smelled smoke, I knew immediately that something was wrong. About five seconds later the fire alarm went off and the sprinklers turn, on soaking everything. I walked across the hall to my brothers room opened his door and closed it behind me.
"What's happening", I ask.
"I'm not sure, stay here and lock the door behind me", he says. I do as told but as soon as the door is shut I heared a scream from down stairs.
And it's my mother's.
I unlocked the door and as quietly as I could crept down the stairs. What I saw, horrifies me to this day. My mother was lying on the floor, at the end of the stairs with claw marks on her chest, gasping for air. My father had shifted into his mighty grey wolf, in blind rage killing any Rogues who dare come near my mother's body. My brother right beside him guarding the end of the stair case.
Then it got worse I hear a crash up stairs and my sisters scream. I run up the steps just in time to see a Rogue kidnapping my sister through the window.
They probably thought it was you, says my wolf, Isadora.
More Rogues came into the house, that I now had realized had been set on fire.
To this day I couldn't tell you exactly what happened after that. All I know is that I saw red. Then the next thing I know dozens of Rogues lie dead at my feet and I am literally soaked in blood.
I walk to my mother side and hold her hand. Her eyes focus on me.
"You must hide and trust no one but your brother", she said slowly, almost gasping the words.
"I love you my dear Selene", she said. Her breathing had become slower.
"Take care of your sister, protect her with your life, Stephan, your life!", She said to my brother.
"Yes mother", he replied. She closed her eyes and her breathing came to a stop.
That was the second time I ever cried.
My brother looked at me, "Where's Stacey?", he asked.
"They took her", was my quiet reply.
"Dad's gone too, a beam from the ceiling fell on him, and they took advantage of that".
It was then I realized that we were still inside the burning house. I grabbed my brother's hand and together we walked away, in the mess he somehow had bags packed and the car keys.
"Mom and Dad knew something like this would happen, they told me, so we were prepared. He backed out of the drive way and drove into the night.
Our future blurry and our past broken, we could do nothing more than live in the present.

=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•

Hey, so now that you are caught up, on with the story! Picture of Amanda Seyfried who will be portraying Stacey! Please leave comments and if you enjoyed this chapter, vote. Thanks guys!
xoxo Dony