seven

Jungkook was right, Taehyung was in fact singing to him (well other patients but Jungkook preferred to think it was just for him) but it wasn't the same since Jimin wasn't by his side.

       After Taehyung finished his song of course Jungkook clapped extremely loudly making Taehyung's eyes fall onto him. A small smile on his face he bows, then claps himself like he always did.

        "Blondie not here?" He asks taking the empty seat next to Jungkook. "No, he's not feeling well" "is he ok?!" Taehyung asks worriedly making Jungkook's heart warm to how concerned he was.

       "He's fine just not well if that makes sense" "I get it we're all not exactly well at some point" "yeah something like that."

       "Anyways I've always wanted to ask you, what's wrong with you?" The older asks but quickly mentally and physically smacking himself seeing how that sounded.

      Jungkook just raised an eyebrow amused. "Not...what I meant, um so like are you sick?" Jungkook then furrowed his eyebrows at that question.

     'This boy needs help' he thinks to himself laughing softly at the again expression on Taehyung's face. "Well no shit, Taehyung, um you know what I'm asking right?" Taehyung asks the other a pleading look in his eyes hoping he didn't have to embarrass himself any more.

        "Just bone cancer" "just bone cancer?!" Taehyung repeats "yes, that's what I said right?" Jungkook giggles again. "Yes but how're you so laid back about it?" "It's no biggie, really tae."

      "If you don't mind me asking, what's the um....life expectancy for you?" Taehyung asks with hopeful eyes clearly not seeing the sad glint in Jungkook's.

       "Around five years after diagnosis" "oh! That's good right? You have a while left" Jungkook's smile doesn't fall from his face even when tears threaten to fill his eyes.

      "Yeah" is all he can say to avoid his voice from cracking. "So what should we do today?" "I can show you my room?" "It's a date!" Taehyung says standing up from his seat and pushing Jungkook towards his room, even though the younger had clearly said he could push himself.

         Even as they went down the hall Jungkook couldn't wash away the guilt he felt bubbling in his chest.

      Though he wasn't lying the life expectancy is around five years after diagnosis, it was the pain that he felt of the fact that he had been diagnosed over four years ago.