6 ; wait

"The best things, no matter how long you have to spend your time, will be worth the wait."

I said as I laid my body against the cushioned seat, Pierce patting my head gently. To be honest, sometimes I felt like a small puppy next to him. He just radiated that fatherly energy. Maybe even daddy— let's not talk about that, not right now, Y/n. Bad timing.

bAd, brain. Bad.

Pierce continued to soothingly give me head pats, as I sighed and rubbed my eyes. I wasn't sure what was going on with Asch, and I was definitely frustrated.

I'm sure I was already over his whole I despise Y/N more than life itself, and I hate my horrible life stage. But I still treated him like a friend, despite doting over him in the past because of how hot he looked. I felt like an idiot then.

To be honest, he never really apologised for his hurtful words. And I pondered on whether I should even be treating him as nicely as I currently am treating him. I would never talk crap about someone in such a manner, and I wouldn't say it like he did, even if I did hate them with a strong passion.

I guess that's just how he was raised.

Speaking of how he was raised... was I raised as a bad person? Did I do something to end up in this situation? I don't even know if there's a way to go back if the magic levels in daemos are terribly low.

I'm sure my parents had nothing to do with this. They were good people. Just... unlucky people.

But now that I think about it... the gravity of the situation just started to sink in. The feeling that I'd never be able to return to a place with cell service killed me, and I desperately wanted to get Ava and get out.

But then... what would happen to the boys? Would they be killed? Would they... I don't even know anymore. I placed my head in my hands, and sighed.

Pierce's head pats didn't help at this point. I just didn't feel like it. So I left and walked to my room.

I'd chosen a room with a light blue colour. Stealing Pierce's favourite colour was a breeze, as he didn't bother to retaliate and just took the room with the darker shade of blue. I'm so evil.

Anyway, I just sat down on the bed and surveyed the area of my room. It had dreamcatchers hung all over the walls. It was pretty, but also kind of weird. Maybe whoever this spectrum was, they liked this sort of sentimental thing. Sweet.

To be honest, I didn't really want to think about the spectrum of death. From what Leif had said that one time, they left him behind on a mission. Who in their right mind would leave their team member behind like that? That's horrible. And the way Leif got so emotional over it, it must've hurt a lot. And he must've been so frightened.

Dew didn't seem like a horrible person, but...

I didn't know what to think of him.

Let's change the subject. Back to Asch, who is probably cursing as he trudges back through the woods.

I laughed to myself, brushing myself off as I walk back to the door of the room, pushing it lightly, before walking outside and over to the stairs. As I was about to go up, a hand wrapped itself around my waist to pull me into the embrace of a warm body.

I looked to see Rhys, smiling a small smile, hugging me close.

"Hey, Rhys." I said cheerfully.

"Y/N, where are you going?" He asked, his tone turning dangerously calm, yet I could hear the fear in his voice.

"I'm going to wait for Asch." I said, patting his arm that was around me gently, signalling for him to let me go.

"It's very dangerous, Y/N, we don't know who could be around the woods at this time." He said, his fingers tapping against my side.

I sighed.

"Rhys, just let me go up and wait for Asch, okay? I'll hide in the trees, so if anyone comes by, they won't see me. Is that alright?" I asked.

Rhys ran a hand through his hair, sighing as he said, "I'll get you a cloaking spell, don't hide in the trees. It will be uncomfortable for you, and an obvious spot for attack. On Daemos, many are trained to use the forest environment to attack and ambush others, so all surroundings are viewed thoroughly."

I smiled widely, squeezing his arm and clapping like a little girl getting a toy from her father. Ugh, why do I do this to myself?

He then cast the spell on me, waving his hands and whatnot.

Soon, I'd supposedly turned completely invisible to him. Don't know if he was messing around, but I just took his guessing of where I was standing as a sign that I was actually invisible. Then I just walked out of the bunker and sat on the ground, waiting for Asch to come back.

And boy, was it quite a long wait.

I am so incredibly sorry everyone TwT I had to go on hiatus for what a whole month because of school and anime, and I apologise for abandoning our poor daemos for so long :((

I've also been on hiatus because I've been playing with the karuta bot on discord, and I've just fallen in love with the bot and I can't get out of it ehehehe (if you want to add me on discord feel free to dm dErP_101.uwu#6992 im always online lol and I want to talk to you guys so I can introduce you to karutaaaa it's such a fun anime game)

but I feel so bad for everyone that read this book and was like HEY where did all the updates and author-Chan go :0 well, I'm here now TwT off my hiatus and ready to write :))

Alsoooo thank you guys so much for 3k views on this book and a whopping 90k views on the first one. Like wow I can't believe my story reached 90k kwosncowkosmx and I thank you all so so so so so much for your support, and I hope you won't murder me for my late updates TwT