Part 6 Break Down!

Start from the beginning

"Parking me kiska wait tha tumhe?"I continued.

"Vo..vo.. Ruchika ko kaha tha call karke ke ek bar she should meet me...usne kaha wait karne ko par... vo...nahi...aayi!"
I don't understand this guy...how come he trusts her so blindly. Why she will come after breaking up an hour ago.

"Fir?"

"Maine.. use call kia..to switch offfff!" He giggled.

"Hmm!" We walked towards my car as he was smiling but as I made him sit (the gate was open and he was facing me), just like my car, he broke down too.
He began sobbing hard, so hard that I can't describe. He was face palming himself and crying badly. I sat on my knees before him and stroked him back and forth. I removed his hands from his face and I was shocked to see his eyes red. He cried more as he saw me and I just stoked his back.

"Just went it all out. Free ho jao is feeling se." I said to him.
Seeing his condition I thought that there's no point waiting all night for help, so we have to walk. WALK DOWN THE PATH TOGETHER!
And I know that his home is nearer than mine. So it will be easy enough or shayad bahar Jake koi rickshaw mil jaye.

"Utho Shaheer! Hume chalna hoga."

"Nahi...mujhse nahi hoga!"

"Humari madad koi nahi kar sakta yaha...kyuki koi nahi hai! Hume chalna hoga ghar! Utho!"

"Mai.. thak gaya..hu!" He said while trying to control his sob.

"Mai bhi! Par sath me thakaan dur ho jaegi. Chalo. Utho!"

"Nah..nahii Pooja!"

"Ha Shaheer! Ha! Hath pakdo mera! Or chalte hain ab!"
He finally gave in when I slid my hand into his. He wiped his tears and we began walking. There was silence as he now wasn't crying. He just looked down at the path, kicking the stones because he knew I am looking forward. Due to the silence, I retraced our conversation of going to home. And it now sounded so cryptic. As if I was encouraging him to walk through the hurdles and I am helping him. Well.. whatever..! I don't know!

I was feeling hell tired as there's no rickshaw on the streets. But Shaheer looked different. He now, was looking at the surroundings and whenever he saw me, smiled ear to ear. I was walking with his hand in mine when he stopped and took me to a corner. I was wondering what has happened when he sat on his knees and caressed a puppy! That cutie was lying in a cardboard box and Shaheer took it in his hands and started caressing. I watched him smilingly as he played with the puppy.
He's so vulnerable. Precious!

Then suddenly I heard some dogs barking near the road end. I asked Shaheer "chale! There are dogs around!"

"Hume..kuch nahi kahenge!" His speech is more coherent now.

"Kyu tum special ho?" I asked him putting my hands on my waist.

"Haa!" And he laughed and seeing him like that, I laughed too. But but! Suddenly the roadside big dogs roared so loud and we both turned to see them.

"Panchali bhaago!" Shaheer stood up and we ran as the dogs were outraged to see us messing with his pup.

After running for almost three big streets, we came to halt, panting hard.
I was out of breathe and he..he sat down in the middle of the road.

"Khade..ho..jao!" I asked him, while I huffed.

"Haalat dekhi hai apni or meri...mai nahi chal sakta ab!"

"Thodi der me chalte hain!" I nodded.

We waited for ten minutes to be back at our senses. "chalo!" I called him as I started walking.
He was behind me, but came running to me, and slid his hand in mine.

"Ab chalo!" He smiled. And I looked at him with amazement.

Somehow we reached his house and he tried to open the gate but in vain. He was Shivering. I don't know why!?

I took the keys from him and opened it for us. "Tum yahi ruk rahi ho na!"
He asked.

"Filhal to yhi halaat hai!"

"Acha hai! I don't want to be alone."

"Ha!?" I exclaimed but he didn't reaact to me back. He adjusted his room! Room? For us?

"Mai yaha bahar so jaungi!"

"Pata hai! Apne liye thik kar raha tha!" He smiled mischievously and I smiled as I realised his Hangover is over.

"Idhar to aao..ye mera room hai..kesa hai?" He asked.

"Bahut well maintained!" I patted his back and then he held my hand again "meri shayari kesi hai? Kya mai bahut boring hu? Kya muje socially active hona chaiye? Batao na!?" He bombarded questions on me. And I know from where it all came..self doubt!! Breakup side effects! I pity Shikha for loosing a gem.

"Just be yourself! That is what it will all take to be happy!" I said.

"Batao na, ye sab bakwas hai! Real banke kuch nahi hota...tum mere sawalo ka jawab do..do na!"

"Your questions are useless!"

"Just like me!?" He retorted and I said "noooo! I don't mean that. Trust me Shaheer! You are perfect! Because you are you! The unpretentious Shaheer Sheikh!!!" I was standing in front of him as he was now sitting on his bed. I held his face and looked in his eyes with confidence.

"Thank you Pooja!"

"Par aaj ke bad fir drink mat karna!" I asked him.
But he faintly smiled and replied "vo jo kehte hain humse ki ye sharab kya karegi..arre zara ishq to kariye fir har ghoont me chadegi..!"
With this, he again began crying and hugged me tightly. I held him close and stroked him. I sat near him, while he was still crying in my lap.
I somehow pulled him to the pillow and caressed him, as his cries soon died and he was off to sleep. However he was holding on to my hand and I didn't even try to be free from his grip. I wanted him to be at peace after this roller coaster ride of emotions. I too drifted off to sleep while our hands were entwined!

____________

A/N : Totally From Pooja's POV! Let's see how it rolls further. Thank you for encouraging to write on daily basis.😍🙏🏻