"I-, yes sir."

"Good," with that one word the phone clicked dead. Nina pulled the device from her ear and glared at it, knowing this was an order she couldn't refuse.

"So, I take it that went well," she didn't even look at Coulson as she tore apart the phone, throwing random parts into the street and snapping the memory and sim cards before tossing them to.

"This team, what does it do?" if Nina was going to have to join it, she thought she might as well know what it exactly was that she would be signing her life away to.

"Deal with threats no one else understands or wants to believe. You're a specialist, I know you're used to not having anyone watch your back so think of this team as just that. A group of elites, working together, living together and saving the world with minimal backup."

"You give a pretty good speech, sir. Let's just hope your team lives up to the hype," Nina rested her head back as he pulled into an airfield.

"Yeah, let's hope."

*

"Welcome to the Bus," Coulson stood on the plane with his arms crossed in front of his chest, he was wearing a wide grin as he watched the young agent. Nina darted her eyes over every corner of the vehicle, with a mix of wonder and professionalism.

"I've never seen a Bus quite like this," she looked up into the patient eyes of her new boss, "what did you do to deserve it?"

"I died," her already cold arms seemed to freeze over at his words as she gaped at him.

"My condolences," Coulson laughed at Nina's response before gesturing for her to follow him as he began walking once more. She did just that, following him through the cargo bay, a lab and a few corridors before he came to a stop outside a closed door.

"The team is just through there, they know you're coming but not who is coming."

"You didn't tell them my name?" Nina rolled her eyes as she asked the question, the last thing she needed was the reaction, anyone, who was from Operations, had joined SHIELD in the last 2 years or had access to a TV growing up would give her. Nina couldn't help the fleeting thought that she was about to meet her new team dressed in clothes most people worked out in, showing off her bare shoulders and arms as well as her curves quite nicely.

If she didn't know how much of a respected agent she was, she might've been embarrassed.

"I wanted to surprise them, it's not every day the Executioner joins our team," Nina winced at the name Coulson had used and it was clear he noticed but he didn't comment on it. He opened the door and pushed her forward before whispering good luck and disappearing down the hallway.

There were five people in the room and with Nina's arrival they immediately turned to look at her while they stopped whatever it was that they were doing, the looks she got varied from confusion and surprise.

The first person she noticed was Melinda May and her hand subconsciously jumped to her collar bone as the feeling of the older woman shattering it ran through her body. May had been one of the many to train her before Nina became a specialist, a lot of her fighting style was dedicated to May's hands-on teaching. A half-smile slid across May's face, approving Coulson's decision in a teammate and Nina nodded in her direction before focusing on someone else.

Next were a man and woman, standing beside each other in matching cardigans of different colours. The female was pale with reddish hair and calculating eyes that ran over Nina with an intensity that mirrored Bruce Banner, she must be one of the scientists Coulson had mentioned. The male next to her stared at Nina with a gaped mouth. It was clear he knew who she was. Nina couldn't help but notice how cute he was, from his curly brown hair to his gentle blue eyes, it was hard to tear her eyes from him.