vii. hope

★ ★ ★

CHAPTER SEVEN:

HOPE

   "He says Harry and Luke are alive. He says....he says they're both alive."

It was the middle of the night and she was sitting in the dining room. Around the table are Beckham, Louis and Damien. Damien came up to the castle after hearing her screams throughout the island apparently. She holds up the letter from Draco. She couldn't even begin to believe that he had even remembered her first of all. He said Runskin restored his memories. He said Runskin could not find her.

She found herself standing up, waving her hands about as they all debated whether or not the letter was real. The letter said many things, some good and some bad. The first thing was that Draco claimed Harry and Luke were alive. That they were both alive and Runskin had lied to make her give up hope. Her mind was going around in circles, like one of those muggle things, what were they called? Harry always used to tell her he would bring her to one, a Farris wheel. She could barely even stop her hands from shaking, she felt the first real emotion in months other than utter pain. Her mind had been woken back up again. She felt hopeful.

     If there was even a possibility Harry or Luke were alive and safe....

      She couldn't even begin to think about it.

      However good news was not all that was in the letter.

      His letter also stated that Felicity -the sweetest blonde haired girl she ever met , a girl who she had many secluded conversations with in the kitchens before- had been killed at Runskin's hand. She couldn't even imagine the pain she had gone through, she wouldn't even begin to think about how terrified she must have felt. It was another reason to boost her revenge to Runskin.

        (Even though, she did not believe she could win).

    "This could be a trap." Damien replied, rubbing underneath his chin in thought. He read through the letter once again. "We don't know it was your cousin who actually said this--"

    "We do, I called him pointbreak for years."

    "Runskin could have been through his thoughts," Beckham mentioned with a frown in her direction, "For all we know this letter isn't from Draco. As much as I'm glad to see you happy, don't get your hope up yet."