x. the other world part two

★ ★ ★

★ ★ ★

CHAPTER TEN:

THE OTHER WORLD PART TWO

★ ★ ★

For the first time in a long time, Aurora felt at an utter peace and she welcomed the feeling for the long moments she spent speaking with Luke. Her mind still could not process the fact Luke was actually here. They had moved from the middle of the entrance of Aleksander Mansion and now found herself outside on the Balcony of Aleksander Mansion, the balcony by the ballroom.

    "I've been here since it all happened." Luke was saying, recalling what happened from the time he last saw Aurora. He was standing in front of her, his arm overlapping hers, comforting her. He had cuts all over his fingers. "Since Runskin came back. I didn't know when exactly that was, obviously the calendar's in this place are all messed up. I know it's been months though. I remember waking up here by myself. I had no idea where I was for a couple days, thought I had died but then I thought of you and remember you telling me how lifeless this place was. I knew then where I was. I tried to escape, naturally. I went to the edge of this place but nothing worked. I tried and tried for months even when I was transforming. Ever since month six, I see him once a month, he comes here and makes sure I'm still here."

       She listened to his words and paused when he said that he had seen and met Runskin. She thought Runskin murdered him the minute he found out how important Luke would always be to her. She had accepted his death months ago and believed she would see him again only in her head. It caused a million questions to fly through her mind all in the span of thirty seconds as she looked at him. Her confusion was not evident but her anger was. Her fear at the fact Runskin had been seeing and interacting with Luke was surely evident. Runskin and Luke had been seeing one another.

All the time she believed Luke was gone, all the mourning, tears, it was for nothing other than Runskin's amusement.

         "He told me you were dead." Luke continued when he saw she didn't want to speak. "He said that he killed you and you were gone. Part of me didn't believe it which is why I was wondering where you might have been for the last few months.....I thought maybe you were in hiding or something. He kept going through my head and doing all this weird stuff, like making me see my own memories and stuff. Every time he came I tried to hide from him but he always found me."

Rather than confirming or denying where she was, all Luke got back was an understanding nod.

        "Well..." Luke continued trailing off, "You were right about this place. I believe this is the worst place in the world for insanity."

      She listened and simply nodded once he finished talking. She agreed completely and could not even imagine how he felt. Even though she was alone for a time here, it was not nine months alone like him. Part of her did not really think he was here. He looked differently though, taller, more mature. She was convinced she had not even wrapped her head around the fact he was here. She was sure she looked the same considering Damien thought she was nineteen when they first met. Maybe they all had no other choice than to grow up. Her eyes go into the ballroom where Damien was searching around for the box.