“Hmm, it has been nice having everybody pop in again.  And yes, they all had a great time shooting with the dart guns.”  He took the empty glass and took it back to the table, then returned to her.  “Come with me for a while?”

“Where to?”  Mandy asked as she lazily stared up at him with her beautiful eyes.

He gave her a lopsided grin.  “Our tree?”

A flicker of interest sparked in her eye before she frowned.  “It’s too far and I am too lazy to walk there.”

Tyler laughed at her and held his hand to pull her up.  “Then I will carry you.”

This time she took hold of his hand eagerly.  “Like when I was still small?”

“Mandy, you’re still small to me.”  A quick jerk and she was on her feet.  “High or low?”

Mandy smiled at the amusement in his voice, it made her feel so happy when he was happy.  “High!”  She said, throwing her hands in the air.

Shaking his head at her silly behavior he played along.  “OK squirt; assume the position.”

With a light hearted giggle she planted her fists in her sides and jumped around, facing away from him.  Immediately he covered her hands with his and as if she weighed nothing more than a feather, he lifted her over his head and put her on his shoulders like he used to do.  Enjoying her delighted laughter he took off at a slow jog, making her bounce around and giggle even harder until she was laughing so hard she could hardly hold on anymore.

He reached ‘their’ tree and she basically just let go, sliding off of his back.  She was still laughing when he turned to face her.  “Oh Ty, you make me laugh so much.”

Hearing her words, Tyler felt like his heart could burst with pure joy and happiness.  “I know.”  He said, completing their ritual as he hugged her to him tightly.

Wiping the laugh tears off of her face, Mandy sank down into the longish grass under the tree, lately it had gotten more time to grow and she carefully dragged her hand through the long blades.  She waited until he was seated next to her, but looking at her.  And waited.  He did not speak for a long time, he just sat there with her hand in his, playing with her fingers.  Just when she thought she would be the one to break the silence, he spoke.

“We should really come here more often; I miss being here.  It is so restful.”  He gave her a lopsided smile.  “It feels like having my batteries recharged when I am here with you.”

Mandy smiled gently at him.  “It is nice to know that; but I am sure it is not the real reason behind your walk down memory lane.”

Bringing her hand up to his lips, he kissed the tip of each finger before speaking.  “You know me so well.”

An impish smile lit her face.  “It’s my job to know you.”

He frowned down at her playfully.  “I sincerely hope that it does not feel like a job.”

Rolling her eyes she answered him with a serious expression.  “No, it is more than just a job Tyler; it is the one thing that nobody else is as good at as I am.  Do you know that even your mother came to ask me what you would prefer the other day?”  Knowing that he knew she did not expect an answer, she carried on talking.  “Me knowing you, it’s like it is instinct.  It simply is.”

He was unable to keep the worry from showing when he stared at her.  “If you know me so well; why are you asking me why we are here?”

In a gesture that made his heart melt, she pulled his hand closer like he did just now, and kissed each of his finger tips.  Then she held his palm so that she could rest her cheek in it.  “Because you have to talk about things if it is bothering you.  Normally you would not have a problem talking to me about it, but because it is me; or us actually; that you are worried about, you are unsure about talking to me.”