I - In Which a Girl Falls Out of the Smoke

Sirius Black III and Remus Lupin I were sitting in Grimmauld Place's gloomy kitchen in the equally gloomy year of 1995 when there was a quiet whooshing sound and a small explosion of gold smoke. Out of the smoke fell a small girl, around 7, who had flaming red hair and green eyes. Sirius jumped forwards, wand out. 

"Who are you? How did you get here?"

"Where am I? Who are YOU?" she asked, staring up at the two wizards with terrified almond-shaped eyes.

"I'm Remus and this is Sirius," said Remus, pulling Sirius backwards. "What's your name?"

"Lily," she whispered, fear ebbing away.

Sirius grinned. "I used to have a friend called Lily. Looked a lot like you."

"Well I don't think that was me, you do look slightly familiar but I've never met you before in my life and you're very distinctive."

Remus let out a badly suppressed snort of laughter.

"You might've known my grandmother though... she was called Lily too!"

"Hold on, what's your last name?" asked Sirius, staring hard at her because she did look a lot like Lily and that was confusing.

"Potter! I'm Lily Luna Potter!" she proclaimed like it was the most obvious thing in the world.

Sirius and Remus exchanged significant glances.

"What are your parents' names?" asked Remus gently.

"Mummy and Daddy," said Lily, looking like she wanted to add 'Duh' to the end.

"What do other people call your parents?"

Lily thought, brow creasing in concentration.

"Albie and James call them mum and dad, but I think... Aunt Ginny and Uncle Harry."

"Ooh, ickle Prongslet has a kid!" said Sirius, grinning wildly. Remus took the more serious approach, which was ironic.

"Well," he said, "how did you get here?"

"James was in Daddy's study even though he told us not too because that's just what James does-" she rolled her eyes, looking like an infantine version of her namesake. "Then me 'nd Teddy 'nd Albie woke up and we went to see what he was doing 'cause it's not going to be something good if James is involved and he had a shiny necklace thing and Ted said 'Give it here it's a time turner' and James said no so Albie tried to grab it and James dropped it and there was a big BOOM and I was here." she threw her arms out wide and grinned, then her face fell.

"I want James," she whispered gloomily, "I want Albie, I want Teddy!"

"I can get you a teddy!" said Sirius, waving his wand and conjuring a large teddy bear out of thin air. Lily gave him a condenscending glare.

"Not that type of Teddy, my Teddy."

"Lily, what year is it?" asked Remus, who had been thinking over what she had said and not listening to Sirius' idiocy.

"2015 obviously." said Lily, rolling her eyes at his stupidity.

Sirius sighed, then grinned mischevously. "Nope, you're in 1995."

Lily gasped in horror, "How is that possible? I am going to KILL James!"

Sirius and Remus laughed. "You are so much like Lily - our Lily."

She giggled. "I've been told. James says I'll be in Slytherin 'cause I'm cunning but he's just sore he can't get me to help him prank people."

Her happy face fell. "I want to find them!"

"Don't worry, we will," said Sirius. "C'mon, let's search the house."