Afterward

I was a little terrified at the thought of how I was going to play my hand in the Zodiac Signs Genre, especially considering the fact of we all tend project ourselves onto the star sign that we align with, seeing the similarities in personality. But in the end, I decided to play my hand and hopefully it was well received.

Why did I write this story?

No reason in particular, I just had a burning desire to put my own spin on it. Play around with the concept and hopefully still make it an entertaining and also thought-provoking story.

While basically spitting on all the others, now that I think about it...

The main character of the story, Yuna— erm, Shiruge, has his own perceptions of the different personalities that he came across. While he may see Ayaka as a bubbly girl, others may see her as outgoing and possessing leadership qualities. Or how Rin is seen as a liar who loves reading, but she could just be an introvert at home who loves stand up comedy.

The key to this is perception.

It's already a given that you won't like every person you meet and sometimes there will be a clash of personalities and ideologies, so why pretend to like everyone?

But in that same brush stroke, there will be people that you immediately get along with and some you learn to like as time goes on. It's all about you as a person and how well you get along with others.

Shiruge found himself infatuated with Isamu because of the passion behind her actions, but found himself at odds with Nagi and her whims. He didn't see the value of winning like Akari, but found Eiko and her daydreaming relatable. He got angry at Sumire for poking at his wounds, but left Kaori alone with her sadistic art. He doesn't treat any of them the same way.

I wanted people reading this to see that even though I brought different zodiac personalities, what I also showed that each zodiac sign has their own individualistic aspects.

What I wanted people to see from this is that it's fine if we don't completely act like our star signs identify us as. I don't believe that there is someone who is exactly as their zodiac describes, but that doesn't mean that you cannot sync at 100%.

So if I had to say, the creation of a unique character like Yuna and a bland character like Shiruge(I'm joking!) was just a roundabout way of saying:

Just be yourself.

It's the most rewarding way to live.

Well, that's it from me! I hope you all enjoyed the story! If you did, don't forget to vote and comment.

Recommend to a friend or two if you don't mind!

And, if you have a chance, check out my other works.

Thank you all for reading Zodiac Signs: Thirteen.

And who knows? Maybe there is a continuation to the story...

– Ankh