NINETEEN

unedited

NINETEEN

NINETEEN. DRUNK DAISY? IDK HER

THE HARDEST PART ABOUT FINDING SOMEONE TO HOOK UP WITH WAS THAT DAISY KNEW NONE OF THEM KISSED LIKE HOTCH DID. There was something about his commanding presence that drew her to him, yet she knew that a relationship with him was something she probably shouldn't pursue. She figured this out when she returned to the hotel alone that night, stopping outside Hotch's room and wondering if he was still up.

She stared up at the room number, wishing she wasn't feeling the way she did. She recalled how his lips had felt against hers, and how his hands moved against her body as if he remembered every nook and cranny. How he took care of her in a way not many people had, and she couldn't deny that she'd struggled to not think about it.

She hesitated, before lifting her fist and knocking on the door. She knew he probably wouldn't respond, it was almost two in the morning and-

"Alvarez?" Hotch's voice was raspy. She'd woken him up. She took a step back, feeling guilty that she'd done so. She was still in her dress, still smelling like her orchid body wash considering she didn't actually do much dancing in the nightclub Derek and Emily had dragged her to. She gripped her purse, staring over at her boss, who was in a grey t-shirt and blue sweatpants. "What are you-"

"I wanted to come back with you," she admitted, though she was only being so truthful because she was drunk. She wouldn't dare say such things if she was sober. "But then Derek would find out, and then Reid-"

"Daisy," Hotch interrupted her, closing his eyes for a moment. From the expression on his face, his drinks from dinner had worn off. He was thinking rationally once more, and that meant she was about to face reality. She wasn't quite in the mood for that. Hotch exhaled through his nose, before he stared her dead in the eye.  "Listen, we can't do this again. It's inappropriate, and doesn't reflect on either of our careers well."

"Oh," Daisy faltered. Her cheeks flushed as embarrassment overcame her, and all of the urges she had dissipated into thin air. She rubbed her lips together in thought, her fuzzy brain trying to gather itself and makes sense of what was happening. "I thought-"

"I find you..." Hotch trailed off. "Very attractive. But, from what I can tell you aren't one for relationships, and I'm not exactly the best guy at, well, any of this. I think it's better that we just end whatever is going on here so neither of us gets hurt in the long run."

Daisy was conflicted. She wanted to get angry at him, shout in his face for making out with her in the restaurant toilets and then flat out rejecting her when she came around. She wanted to shove him, but also kiss him, but also make him regret losing out on her. But, she respected him. Why would she force something he didn't want? She had never been that kind of person, and she wasn't about to start. She looked down at the floor, feeling quite lightheaded. "I understand, Hotch. And...I'm sorry."