EIGHT

unedited

EIGHT. CHLOE KELCHER

CHLOE KELCHER WASN'T AT HER HOUSE, BUT THE CORPSE OF CORTLAND RYAN WAS. Daisy decided that she didn't need to see it, and instead hung back to figure out where their Unsub was headed next.

Their search led them to the home of Faye Landreaux, who fit the victimology perfectly. Daisy walked over to the red car in the driveway and placed her hand on the engine. The Sheriff followed closely behind. "That's it. Eighty-five Volkswagen. Chloe's here."

"The car's still warm," Daisy quietly jogged back, pulling at her FBI vest uncomfortably.

"We've got to be right behind her," Morgan mentioned.

Hotch looked up at the house. "Her windows are closed. That's a good sign."

"Well, my team's ready. Let's get in there," the Sheriff insisted.

"Sheriff, we didn't recover a gun at Chloe's house," Hotch said, his voice low. "We have to assume she's armed."

"Well, so are we."

"If you storm in now, she'll shoot," Daisy added. "And chances are she'll start with Faye Landreaux."

That shut the man up.

Morgan looked at their boss. "What do you think, Hotch?"

"I think you should look for an open window," Hotch replied. "Sheriff, I need you to bring all your vehicles around to the front, facing forward with the lights off, and I need a megaphone. Alvarez, come with me. We're gonna need that therapy license of yours."

Daisy perked up a little, and nodded quickly, following him, the Sheriff and Rossi while Morgan went around the back.

The rest of the team were at the front, preparing for whatever was going to happen next. Hotch grabbed the megaphone from one of the passing officers and began fiddling with it.

"Hotch, I don't think you can get through to her," Emily said, seeming rather unsure.

"No, but maybe Alvarez can," Hotch handed the megaphone over to the newest member, and Daisy hesitated before taking it.

"Profile's clear," Spencer spoke up. "You can't talk this woman down."

"No, but just to occupy her," Hotch muttered. "If we're right about the M.O, she's left a window open somewhere. Morgan will find a way in. We just need to buy him some time."

"Are you ready for this, Alvarez?" Emily placed a hand on Daisy's back, and she scoffed in response.

"I don't really have a choice, do I?"

Hotch pointed to the Sheriff. "Hit the lights."

A short siren went off, alerting Chloe Kelcher that they were present.