3

The morning came by slowly. It was difficult for me to have slept last night with everything that went on replaying in my mind. I feel so good with him around. It was almost like I wanted more-- it's the first actual time I've got to known him properly though.

I finally woke up at the right time and got ready. I walked downstairs to see my father again, something I'm also going to have to get used to until he leaves again. He waved at me.

"Hey Elizabeth, how was sleep?" Veronica greeted. I lied and said it went great, even though I spent practically the whole night thinking about Meliodas.

"How was Meliodas yesterday?" my father finally asked. Of course he'd ask about him.

I blushed a little. It's not actually as awful as I thought it would've been, but I'm keeping my own fantasies to myself and away from my family, since that's private. I shrugged.

"Went well." I answered whilst munching on a pancake that was served to me by Margaret.

"Oh please, we practically saw you all over him when you two were upstairs." Veronica rolled her eyes teasingly. I just blushed even more and shut her up.

"No, I just, uh-- it's hard to explain." I owe up admittedly. Veronica and Margaret laughed, whilst my father smiled.

"I want you to know that I wouldn't set you up with someone you aren't compatible with. I didn't just set you up with Meliodas for the company." my father told me. I was confused by that but I just responded. I was still irritated though-- what if he DID turn out to be a douche, I would be frustrated that my father thought it was a good idea.

Though I will admit, I'm glad this happened because I wouldn't have got as close as I did to him otherwise.

"We'll still have to see, father." I answered. He nodded approvingly, letting me walk out to make my way to school once I finished my pancake.

I immediately whipped out my phone whilst walking to text Diane & Elaine. I was informing them that I had some important news once I got to the school. However, as soon as I sent my text to the mini groupchat, I felt fingers tap my side. I looked to my right to see Meliodas.

"Y'know it's dangerous to text whilst walking on roads, right?" he chuckled. I put down my phone, rolling my eyes.

"This is a sidewalk, Meliodas." I pretended to act irritated at his presence.

"What are you even doing here anyways?!" I ask in shock. "What was your word last night about 'keeping it on the low'??"

He shrugged. "I live nearby, so this is my way to school too. Besides, it wouldn't be so bad walking you to school."

I didn't try to swat him away or refuse, I actually liked the idea of it.

"You seem to be considering." he smirked. I blushed and looked away, meaning together we did walk to school. I despise always being defeated like this, but you gotta give me some mercy. It's not like I can like any other boy, and plus his presence isn't that bad.

We laughed and talked, heading to the school.

"I guess this is where we depart. See ya later, Liones." he chuckled and waved, before running off to his friends. I smiled warmly, just staring and admiring. I was too busy in my own world that I forgot Elaine & Diane had arrived and were right next to me.

"ELIZABETH!" they both finally yelled, which got me to come out of my daze. I blushed.

"U-uh, how long were you here?" I stammered, now flustered again like a maniac. It's not like I can run home like I did yesterday though.