talks

"I don't wanna go" Ellie whined to Harley as they walked out of the same building and towards the theatre "I'm too tired"

"Didn't you take a nap earlier?" Marley asked her.

"Not today, I went to dance. And you'll never guess what happened" Ellie told her. Marley faces her and gives her a questioned look.

"no way"

"yup"

Harley's mouth was gaping open in shock.

"So I was there, doing 'Seize the Day' for Marie right?"

"Did they?"

"Sky is the only one who saw. I actually didn't even see Ben and Josh. Apparently they were all there doing a class, when he heard the music while getting more water"

"and?"

"and so I explained to him briefly why I didn't tell them, and asked to not tell the others, and he understood and agreed"

"awe"

"but wait, there's more" Ellie said like some commercial.

"there's more?"

"mhm."

"wait, did you?!"

"Yea. But it was not my idea, Marie made us. Remember 'Unsteady'?"

"deadass?!"

"yup"

"your telling me, today, you and Sky, danced to unsteady?"

Ellie laughs lightly and blushes a little "yea. and there's one more thing"

"DID YOU?!"

"no, I made a decision"

"go on"

"well, as we finished, father dearest decided to call"

"oh?"

"Yea. Turns out he's coming back tomorrow, and leaves Saturday during the day. That's when I told him that I have a show this weekend. Matthew being Matthew was all like 'oh, i thought you were focusing on school' and then I explained how I was doing both pretty well if I do say so myself"

"was Sky still there?"

"yea, at that point Marie went to the bathroom or just out somewhere, and it was just the two of us. By his expression, he didn't understand everything, but got an idea of the conversation by what I was saying. He seemed a bit concerned, like he wanted to ask me about it. But anyway, my father brought up the topic of a summer job"

"well, you usually work at the studio to pay for classes, and then there's the theatre"

"And that's what I tried telling him, but apparently, I need to get a 'real job'. So guess what"

"i'm a little scared to ask"

"that's when I told him I was interviewing for a real job. the best part is, he's on board"

"you don't mean-" Marley asked, but Ellie nodded her head "OH MY GOD ELLIE" She threw her hands around her friend and started shaking her around.

"How did you do it?!"

"I told him about the job. There's lots of travel, steady pay, puts on events, and will look good on my resume"

Marley smiles from ear to ear. "Remember me when your famous" she says.

"Hey, listen to me" she grabs her hand and squeezes it "you are my best friend. your my sister. If it weren't for you, I wouldn't be on this track. I couldn't, and will never forget you. There are no amounts of words and phrases that I could string together to explain the impact you've made on my life" Ellie looks at Marley as her friend's eyes become watery.