Chapter 9/2: Across Japan, Pursued By Darkness

Почніть із самого початку

"Missed." she grins and shows her tongue.

"Shut up." Ryuko answers and pushes Nui away. Satsuki looks at the watch. 8:43 AM. Well, at least it was good that Nui woke her up. Satsuki puts on her suit and takes a look at Fuji. She smiles slightly in excitement.

The group walks through the streets of Numazu. You could think you'd landed in the old Japan. Everything here looks old. There is a nice little garden to their right, but other than that, just a museum and that's it. It's getting more interesting as the group arrives in Fuji three hours later. Satsuki is amazed while Ryuko is rather confused and Nui just smiles like always.

"Well THAT's a culture shock!" Satsuki says happy. Fuji is completely crazy - houses built in various different architectures. European, american, spanish, indian... Ryuko simply asks herself where they just landed.

"Where the hell are we!?" Ryuko asks her sister confused.

"There are a lot of goods from various parts of the world. Especially Europe! Come on!" Satsuki says.

"So?" Nui smiles.

"Ah fuck, I know what she's thinking about."

"European tea!" Satsuki grins and walks quickly into the city. Ryuko never saw Satsuki that euphoric, at least not when it comes to tea. Ryuko and Nui look at each other and shrug their shoulders, then they follow Satsuki, although Nui walks rather relaxed.

No matter where you look at - various amazing and interesting booths stand around from all sorts of countries in the world. Expensive spices from the orient and wonderful silk and cloths greet Ryuko, Satsuki and Nui. Nui curiously takes a look at the silk.

"Good day, honorable young woman! Can I amaze you for our beautiful silk?" a vendor asks. Nui nods curious. Ryuko follows Satsuki. After the orientalic booths, Ryuko finds some vendors from South and north america. They mostly sell good looking and tasty food and little cool figures. Senketsu takes a look at the little sculptures.

"Damn, the food smells good." Ryuko notices. Satsuki doesn't care and walks to the harbor.

"Arepas! Who wants Arepas!?" a young woman asks. Ryuko looks at the food. Looks good.

"Try it out!" the woman says in a rather unsecure english, but Ryuko accepts the offer and tries one of the corn cake like snacks. Ryuko nods satisfied.

"That's really neat." she says smiling and notices Nui coming to her with a backpack full of silk. Ryuko is impressed.

"The fuck did you do?!" Ryuko asks wondered.

"THAT is material I can work with. Not cotton or polyester! It's not Life Fibers, buuuuut it's still good!" Nui reacts happily and downsizes the bag with Life Fibers - however that works. The people don't even notice that as everyone is too busy and there are simply too many people.

"And how'd you pay that?"

"I didn't." Nui smiles.

"Should have figured." Ryuko reacts. They both continue walking to the harbor. Arriving at it, they see some sellers and even an fortune teller. There is also an old portuguese ship, it reminds of a galleon. Civilians are on the ship. At the harbor, there is mostly european goods like cloths or, most importantly, tea. Lots. Of. Tea.

"Of course." Senketsu chuckles. Ryuko and Nui go down the harbor and find Satsuki sipping some tea on a terrace, enjoying the nice view. She doesn't even notice both companions sitting down next to her. She sips satisfied some more tea.