Chapter 20: What I Once Was

Silence.

...

...

...

Suddenly, a shining white light at the horizon. Everything is black. Everything is cold. Everything... is silent. Here and there, a single LIfe Fiber hovers around. Slowly but steady, they collect on one point, gently, and they take their time - time that may have a different definition than in the real world. Has time stopped? Shortly after, a Life Fiber Being appears, with female body properties, a spiky hair style, if you can call it one, arms and legs that have holes in them, and which are only held together by the Life Fibers inside them, and empty, orange-red ish eyes. And then, the being falls onto the ground.

Suddenly, it causes sounds that remind one of a cough. The dull, hand like ends of the arms claw onto the by dead Life Fibers inhabitated surface. Several lights appear. When the Being looks up, it can hardly move it's head. Loose Life Fibers fall off of it, and in the distance, more and more white lights appear. They give sounds away - storms, laughing, fire, voices, rain, everything. As the Being stands up, the sounds it tries to do cannot be understood, hence why Life Fibers start singing quietly.

"Ryyyuuuukoooo..." they sing in a quiet and calm tone. The monster Ryuko now became looks around. It's so empty here. So sad and melancholic. And when she raises up her "hands", she realizes... that they are nothing but like shred clothes, with holes everywhere. As if someone would have tried to sew or cut something and they horribly failed. They aren't wounds, but any human who would see a Being like the one Ryuko is now would be righteously scared. This is Ryuko Matoi now. A Life Fiber Being. One of many parasites.

She would start screaming, but she can't

She would start screaming, but she can't. All she can do is give a few calm sounds away. It becomes even more surreal when she takes a look at her equally shred legs that rather lie on the ground instead of standing. When she tries to take a few steps, she notices, how loose Life Fiber parts hang on her. It doesn't even feel wrong or hurts, it feels right... but that may be the horrible thing about it, if it's not the appearance already. More lights appear, one of it directly in front of Ryuko. She slowly walks towards it. Life Fibers hover next to her in this dark realm where the Life Fibers reside. No matter where she looks around, the halls do not end. Arriving at the light, she realizes it is a tall, white Life Fiber, ten times taller than she is, and it appears to be more like a pillar than anything. Do they hold this world together?