❀ FIFTEEN

APRIL 25, 2017

Donghyuck woke up slowly, feeling something clutching onto his hand tightly. He looked down to his hand, see Misun next to him on her wheelchair as she had her head hung low, chest heaving up and down.

He smiled, seeing how he was sleeping soundly and peaceful.

He looked up at the clock hanging on the wall.

3:45 AM

The boy grinned upon his idea. "Psst- Misun!" he squeezed her hand tightly before poking her cheek nonstop. Eventually, the said girl woke up and what he saw broke his heart.

Her bloodshot eyes were puffed from all the crying she did, cheeks with evident tears left. Lips that curved down in sadness.

"D-Donghyuck?" she blinked repeatedly before gasping and giving the pulling the boy down into a hug. "Haechan!"

"Yes, sunflower?"

"Don't leave me... please." she pressed her lips together and hugged him tighter.

Donghyuck smiled sadly, running his fingers through her hair. "I'm sorry..."

"I can't lose you- I don't want to!" she cried out, burying her face onto the crook of his neck, a part of his hospital gown getting soaked in her tears.

"Shhh... Sun, I'll always be with you."

"N-No you won't- stop l-lying to me."

"I don't want you to cry, Sun."

"Then don't make me cry." she sobbed and backed away, her fingers curling into a fist as she felt powerless anymore.

Donghyuck took a deep breath and hopped out of his bed, feeling a wave of nausea hit him for a split second. He walked over to her, crouching down, "Stop crying, please?"

"H-How can I when you're-" she couldn't even continue her sentence as she gulped down hard, not wanting to continue either way.

Donghyuck placed a soft kiss on her forehead before reaching out, "Let me take you on a date before I go."

• • •