❀ SEVEN

FEBRUARY 19, 2017

Tears were falling from his eyes and his parents as they had just received the worst news they could ever get.

Donghyuck risk of surviving was low, with or without surgery. Coronary Heart Disease - there isn't really an exact cure for this disease, but there were ways a person could manage it.

But with his condition growing worse, they could only hope for the best to come.

Donghyuck sat in the four sickening white walls of the medical ward. The smell of undertone bleach made him want to throw up.

His hand fisting the white sheets of the hospital bed as he thought about his condition. As a kid, he always understood that his sickness didn't have a cure for it, and he accepted that fact and kept living.

Every day he pushes himself off the hospital bed, greeting people with a wide smile, wanting to show them that a disease couldn't stop him from living life.

But it felt so hard now.

The door creaks open and he looked up, seeing his doctor walk in with puffy eyes. Even for Hyemin, it was hard to accept. She had been looking out for the young boy ever since he was rushed to the hospital - whenever he had little attacks she would be there to assure him he would be fine, that he will survive.

"Misun was looking for you..."

His heart jumped a bit.

Misun...

"What did you tell her?"

"I told her you left..." she looked down, "That's what you said."

Donghyuck nodded, "Good."

"You need to tell her soon."

He shook his head, "Not yet. I- I don't want to hurt her."

"Donghyuck, I know you love her so much, but it will hurt her more if you don't tell her sooner."

Hot tears began to trickle down his tanned cheeks, he gulped harshly and buried his face into the palms of his hand. "I- know that... I just- I want us to be happy for now."

"I won't admit to the hospital yet- let me spend time as a teenager, going to school and hanging out with my friends."

Hyemin sighed, "Doing that will only-"

"Please."
"I'll come often. After school, during the weekends. Just... let me live life normally, even just for a few months left."

• • •