three

That night, as Wave was settling into his childhood bedroom, he received a Facebook notification. Honestly, he wouldn't even have Facebook if it weren't how he communicated with his old lab partners. He forgot he even had it on his phone. He saw a friend request from Pawaret Sermrittirong. That was a name he would never forget for as long as he lived. He accepted the friend request right away.

An hour later, Pang sent him a Facebook message.

Pang: So I realize I was kinda rude at the cafe earlier so let me make it up to you?

Wave: No worries. I was a jerk in high school. If anything, I owe you.

Pang: Ooooo are you asking me on a date???

Wave: nvm

Pang: No wait sorry idek of you like guys sorry! Let me buy you coffee? As dude-bros?

Who even talks like that? Wave thought. His heart was beating fast. And you used to know I like boys. You literally kissed me on the mouth multiple times.

Wave: Never say dude-bros again and you've got yourself a deal.

Pang: Yeah, okay. No problem my guy. Are you free tomorrow? Same cafe? Maybe around noon???

Wave: Sure

Pang: Cool bro I'll see you tomorrow

Wave: blocked

Wave didn't block Pang, obviously, but he couldn't help but feel excited. He was meeting Pang again, for real this time. He never thought he would see him again, let alone be able to hang out with him. He knew that Pang didn't remember any of the time they spent together. He didn't remember the touching, the kissing, the late-night conversations. He didn't remember their sweet relationship that changed how Wave saw other people and the world. Wave knew everything there was to know about Pang, at least he did back then. Pang knew everything about Wave too. Now they were strangers hoping to reconnect after amnesia, time, and distance pulled them apart.

Wave couldn't wait.