𝕟𝕚𝕟𝕖𝕥𝕖𝕖𝕟

memories        

memories

        kageyama walked out of the locker room after kitagawa daiichi's game. they went up against date kogyo and won, bringing them one step closer to beating shiratorizawa. tomorrow was their game against shiratorizawa.

        kageyama looked through his bag for his knee - pads. he frowned as he realized he left them in his locker. there would be no time to get them before the shiratorizawa match, so he decided to head back.

        the door to the locker room was almost closed, a sliver of light coming from the locker room. kageyama reached his hand out to open the door, but stopped as he heard voices coming from inside.

        "we're going to beat ushiwaka," oikawa said. "and go to nationals."

        kageyama heard a familiar voice chuckle. "yeah, yeah, i've heard it a million times before."

        "i'm serious, [name] - chan!" oikawa whined. "and it's gonna be me that defeats ushiwaka, not that little tobio - chan!"

        "what do you have against him?" [name] asked in exasperation. "i've taken him under my wing, and he's not that bad. maybe just a little socially awkward, though."

        "all you've done is teach him how to be intimidating while drinking that disgusting blueberry milk! tobio - chan knows he needs a real setter to show him the ropes."

        "i don't see any real setters anywhere."

        "that was mean, [name] - chan!"

        "i - " [name] turns his head towards oikawa, and kageyama has to hold back a gasp. oikawa was brushing something off of the collar of [name]'s shirt, and when [name] turned his head their lips had accidentally met.

        "[name] - chan!" oikawa gasps dramatically as he and [name] jerk away. oikawa brings a hand up to cover his rosy face. "my first kiss!"

        "shut up, shittykawa!" [name] barks. "that was my first kiss, too."

        a prolonged silence settles between the two of them. kageyama wonders if he should just open the door, get his knee - pads, and run away. just as he reaches for the door handle, [name] breaks the silence.

        "do you wanna. . . "

        "yeah."

        and then, [name] and oikawa's lips are back on each other, this time on purpose.

        kageyama gasps loudly, the sound breaking the two apart. he rushes away from the scene, feeling as though he committed a huge crime.