𝕗𝕚𝕧𝕖

final opponent

final opponent

        you made your way up to the stands, where you could see the gym properly. you saw the guy from the bathroom coming into the gym, and you waved at him to come join you in the stands.

       "hey, junior high kid!" you yelled, attracting his attention. "come sit with me!"

         he clutched his stomach and muttered, "junior high. . "

         daichi chuckled as he rubbed the back of his neck. "[name]. . . hinata is a player on the team."

         "huh?" you looked down at the kid who was the height of one takeru (oikawa's nephew) and a half.

         tanaka laughed at you. "i guess even the prodigy [name] makes mistakes. you can't even tell the difference between a junior high student and a high schooler!"

         "don't blame me, blame the junior high kid!" you grumbled as the orange - haired kid squinted his eyes at you.

         "what position do you play?" you asked him as he looked up at you.

         "m - middle blocker," he stuttered out. you looked at him, then to tobio, then back at him.

         "ah," you said as you raised an eyebrow. "nice."

         "h - hey!" the kid yelled. "i may be small, but i can jump!"

        "yeah, yeah, whatever," you chuckled. "i thought you were like, an extra libero or something."

        the boy fell to the ground, and muttered, "just like saltyshima."

         "do good in the game, yeah?" you smiled. "i'm counting on you."

         "b - bathroom," the kid held up a hand, which resulted in tobio grabbing his collar and shaking him around.

         "you stupid hinata!" he yelled. "stop going to the bathroom!"

         you laughed as you sat back and stretched your arms. where was that simpkawa, anyway? he is the captain, after all.

         the game started with mattsun serving. hinata received a ball horribly that was obviously daichi's. the team somehow managed to get tanaka to spike the ball, which only resulted in seijoh blocking it.

         you winced. it was obvious this junior high kid couldn't receive.

         the match went on with hinata constantly messing up. even you were tired of picking on him, and instead resorting to waving at your old teammates from seijoh.