𝐯𝐞𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐮𝐧𝐨

Start from the beginning

The brunette frowned as she glanced down at her appearance. "I'm wearing leggings and my hair is literally dripping with sweat." She replied, shaking her head at the suggestion.

"Put it in a bun and nobody will notice." Lu scowled, climbing out of the car herself to pull Inés inside. "I brought you a dress to wear too."

"You're ridiculous." She remarked as she buckled her seat belt in the back of Lu's car. It was true - she was the only girl in the whole of Madrid who would drag her friend straight off the streets to a party with no prior warning, and Inés was the only person who would actually take up her offer.

After a lot of awkward shuffling and help from Lu, Inés managed to change clothes in the back of the car by the time they had arrived at the house, both sets of eyes widening as they climbed out and scanned the gorgeous house for the first time.

"Lucrecia, welcome!" The girl greeted, smiling widely as she skipped down from the entrance to meet her friend. She kissed Lu's cheek warmly before turning to Inés with an even brighter grin. "I'm Cayetana."

"Inés." The brunette nodded with an honest smile, eyebrows raising when Cayetana pulled her into a hug.

"I know!" She giggled, pulling away to look at her face. "Lu told me all about you and I know already that we're going to get along."

Inés laughed at her forwardness, raising her eyebrows at Lu in question of the mention of her name.

"Your house is beautiful." Lu sighed as she removed her sunglasses to get a better look. It was a lot nicer than she had expected it to be, and although she didn't know it yet, Inés' head was spinning as she tried to remember someone moving in. She brushed it off as forgetfulness, but she knew she had ran past this house countless times and couldn't remember it ever being up for sale.

"Should I give you a tour?" Cayetana laughed, "Or would that be distasteful?" She nudged Inés shoulder gently as Lu cooed her name and laughed along too.

"I brought some pink champagne. Yay for bad taste?"

"Yay." Cayetana nodded, dragging the two girls into her house, her running beside them. She began showing them around as soon as they entered her home, a proud smile resting on her face as she gestured to different parts of her house.

"Do you really live here alone?" Lu asked as the girl took the pink champagne bottle from her hands and put it to chill.

"No!" Cayetana laughed, "With Imelda. But I gave her the afternoon off so we could be more comfortable."

Inés liked Cayetana. She new how to carry herself and seemed to always be happy, even if they had only known each other for 5 minutes. She was different to Rebeka. But she couldn't shake the feeling that something was up with her.

When your family life is a lie to keep up appearances and you've spent the last summer covering up a murder, you get quite good at spotting liars.

The sound of the doorbell broke Inés from her quizzical thoughts, Cayetana rushing over excitedly to let whoever rang it in.

"Are you expecting someone?" Lu asked with a frown, suddenly becoming sceptical of the whole situation as she stepped closer to Inés.

The voices of Valerio and Guzmán soon made it clear the two weren't the only people invited to the little get-together, the two boys walking in armed with every substance imaginable. Lu scoffed as her boyfriend offered her his joint, Inés scowling at Cayetana quite obviously.

It wasn't like the blonde knew about the recent rifts between the friends, but it was common courtesy to make sure everyone you invited to your house are actually friends.