Ch.1: Waiting

┏━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┓

Chapter 1: Waiting

┗━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┛

The last time Maria remembers hearing rain like this was one year ago when her brother passed away. That day she dreamt of a beautiful sunset, fascinated by the colors in the sky as the sun went down. Standing on top of a hill, a tree next to her, she was alone and waiting for someone.

Someone who never showed up, or at least that's what she remembers before waking up.

For a moment it feels like time has stopped until the carriage moves uncontrollably. It was usual to find rocks and bumps on the road but this time the carriage made such a commotion that it makes all the passengers inside hit their heads with the top part of the wheeled vehicle.

Rain poured down from the skies, hitting the top part of the carriage. Although the sound was comforting to many, this time it only made the passengers sigh in disappointment.

"I can't believe we're going to live with the Survey Corps from now on," said Lisa as she moves a string of her blond hair and tucks it behind her ear. "And to be their maids nonetheless! We're tavern dancers, not housewives."

"And that's exactly what they want us for!" Leah rolls her green eyes in annoyance at her friend's naiveness. She took a quick look outside the window, they weren't near the Survey Corps headquarters just yet. "Yes, they want us to clean but not only that ... I am sure we're there to satisfy their soldier's needs."

"What do you mean?" Lisa asks, pretending not to know just what her friend means with her words.

"To put it simply, male and females soldiers are fucking but it's dangerous, someone can get pregnant. If a woman gets pregnant they are unable to fight, therefore they're losing more soldiers for their expeditions," Leah responds. Her anger was evident and justified. After all, she went from being the most successful tavern dancer in all of the walls to being a simple house attendant.
"We are tavern dancers, most of us fuck for a living too. So, we're there for their entertainment and to decrease the pregnancy between the female soldiers. After all, who cares if a whore gets pregnant, right?"

"The sad thing is that we're not even going to be getting paid as much as we used to ... I mean, I guess we're going to get free food and a safe place to live."

Lisa looks over to her right and notices that her other friend was awfully quiet. Her brunette friend was looking outside the carriage's window; her brown eyes averted into the vast forest that served as a distraction from the fact that their lives were changing.

"Personally, I wouldn't mind fucking a man if he asks nicely ... Or what do you think?" Lisa asks out loud to get her friend's attention who was still very invested in looking at nature. Seeing that she was still daydreaming and that she didn't hear her, Lisa called her name.

"Are you alright, Maria?"

✧༝┉┉┉┉┉˚*❋ ❋ ❋*˚┉┉┉┉┉༝✧

While Levi was enjoying his new title as Captain and leader of the Special Operations Squad, he hated how he had to re-clean everything in the whole dorm. It's as if his team wasn't capable of doing it properly the first time. Every squad had their own small dorm to attend to, just like a house. Five rooms, one for each member, one restroom, a storage room, a kitchen, and a dining room. It was small but it provided the members with everything they needed. Privacy, a place to sleep, shower, and eat.