•3•

*HEY WHATS UP! Yes I actually updated, thanks to Dragonflyswow! Thank you for your support, and enjoy the chapter :)*

ZOE

"Alfie?" Was my first word.

After the whole shooting incident of course. My whole body was aching, almost like the time I had the flu. I tried to sit up, incapable. I couldn't move.

"Alfie, please- Oh my God..." I squeezed my eyes shut, and opened them again.

Alfie was there.

"It's okay Zo." He looked sad.

I couldn't take sad at the moment. I stared at him and tried to speak, but couldn't.

"Alf. Alf." Was all I could say.

"Zo, it's okay. Calm down Zo. Zoe. Zoe, calm down." As he spoke his voice became louder and harsher, "Zoe. Stop. Now, Zoe I mean it. Calm down."

Suddenly, Alfie's voice turned into someone else's. His lips were still moving but he sounded like something from a nightmare.

I was already sobbing, and just sobbed harder. The voice was screaming now, Alfie swinging his head around, the voice screaming "Zoe stop. Zoe stop. Zoe you're going to die."

I just listened to the voice and realized it was a morph of all of the voices of the people that were close to me. Family, friends, chanting that I was going to die.

I had no choice but to believe them, it was the only thing I had at the moment. All of a sudden, I realized that I didn't know those people, all I knew was I was going to die.

The old me anyways.

---

ALFIE

"When will she wake up?" My voice was ragged and quiet, but the nurse replied none the less.

"We don't know, she isn't showing signs of a coma state, so soon? Within the next hour most likely." She smiled and walked away, down the corridor to help another patient.

Zoe's head was wrapped up and she had a broken arm. The doctor wouldn't know if there was any lasting effects until she woke up.

I walked into her room, which consisted of her bed surrounded by beeping and pumping hospital equipment, a couch, and small end table with a few information packets and a cup and pitcher.

I walked over to the table, poured a cup of water, and put it on the end table for when Zoe woke up. I sat at the edge of her bed, lightly touching her hand.

She jolted and moved a little bit and I jerked away. I wanted to cry, but my eyes stayed dry and clear.

Zoe mumbled something, her eyes slightly moving under her lids, "Where-"

"Shh, Zoe, it's okay I'm here." I stood up and bounded to the door, opening it and calling down the hall for a doctor or nurse.

A nurse looked in the door, stepped out, and came back with a doctor.

"Hello Zoe, how are you feeling?" Zoe's eyes were still shut, but she shook her head.

"What? Where-" Her eyes finally opened and they widened in fear.

"Who are you?" She stared at me, trying to back away.

I looked at her with hurt eyes, "Zoe, I..."

Before I could finish the doctor touched my shoulder, "You should go in the waiting room."

I finally realized what was wrong, and nodded slightly. My feet felt heavy a s they carried me down the hall and to a vacant chair.

Zoe had forgotten me.