Chapter 18: Red Hilt

Start from the beginning

"Yes, isn't it wonderful?" The prince mused with joy.

"Yes, it is." Mark agreed, "What is that gem? I have no seen anything like it."

"I don't know." Jaemin frowned as he too examined the multiple small peach-coloured stones. "I hadn't asked him."

"They are quite beautiful though." Mark admitted, "I wonder if they're from some kind of magical ore found within... I don't know, a dragon's lair."

The prince laughed, "Do you truly think dragons actually exist?"

"They might. Only a few months ago I believed mermaids and magic didn't exist but here we are." Mark noted earning a nod from Jaemin.

"And here we are." Jaemin smiled as he sat down by his dresser. He looked at Mark through the reflection of the mirror in front of him.

Mark frowned, "What is it?" He asked.

"I believe I might be beginning to love him, Mark." Jaemin confessed. Mark's eyes widened for a second, but only a second, before he too smiled widely at the other.

"That's good, Jaemin." Mark assured, "You're mates. You know, that whole two sides of one coin ordeal. The universe paired you together and all that jazz." Mark went on making the prince laugh.

"I know." Jaemin said with admiration, "It's just been a long time coming."

"What did Wendy use to say? Distance makes the heart grow stronger." Mark recalled with a grin, "Because of you, I'm sure your love will be as strong as an ox." Jaemin scuffed as he picked up the hair brush off his dresser and threw it at the older.

At that moment, a knock came from Jaemin's door. The prince continued to laugh as Mark groaned, his hands on his stomach where he had been hit by the grooming object. "Come in." Jaemin finally spoke between chuckles.

Haechan opened the door with his usual bright smile. Although, his expression completely changed once seeing Mark rubbing his stomach with a glare.

"What happened?" The water nymph questioned with a worried frown as he entered, closing the door behind him afterward.

"We were just playing around." Mark sweetened his glare into a smile. Haechan smiled once again with an understanding nod. He then looked at Jaemin whom smiled as well. However, his eyes were quick the catch the slight glimmer on his wrist.

"Wow!" Haechan gasped, running to be by the prince's side. He picked up Jaemin's hand in order to see the object better. "You have a golden plant around your hand, Minnie. It's so pretty." He ogled with amazement.

"It isn't a real plant." Jaemin giggled, "It's metal."

"It's still pretty." Haechan remarked as he drew closer to the bracelet, his eyes lighting up even more as he did so. "And it has all these little stones on it too."

"Yes, it is quite lovely, isn't it?" Jaemin mused as he spun the bracelet around his wrist for the nymph to view its entirety. Haechan nodded at the inquiry with a smile.

"Where did you find it, Minnie?" He questioned as he drew away from the younger's wrist.

"Oh, I didn't find it. It was given to me." Jaemin explained.

"Can they give me one too?" Haechan asked with a cock of his head. His bright eyes moving from the prince to Mark in curiosity.

"It was a gift of endearment from Jeno but I'm sure Mark will get you something pretty if you wish, Haechan." Jaemin reassured. Haechan nodded before turning to Mark with pleading eyes.