Part five

Rahul

I wait for a moment or two till I've decided I've had enough of watching these stupid news anchors speak on on topics they hardly know about.  Clearly not many people noticed that I was hit first, which is why I got mad and walked out of my concert.  I always try to think of it as fairly as possible, because I understand these people do this for a living.  They get paid for highlighting and starting speculations.  But I wish people could also realize how frustrating it can get when you constantly have to read about and watch people assume stuff about you that isn't even close to being true. 

I take my glasses off, beginning to state my order.  "Can I please get a shot of-"

"We're closed" he cuts me off, keeping his eyes glued to the screen.

I clear my throat, finally getting the bartender's attention.  He turns around and looks at me as shock takes over his face.  He looks at the tv screen again, and then looks back at me.  He points up to the screen as his lips part to say something, but nothing comes out.  "Rahul Jaykar?" is all he whispers, still pointing to the screen. 

I chuckle at his reaction.  "Yeah it's me" I smile.

"I'm sorry sir I didn't mean to be rude, I'm a really big fan!" he said, stretching his hand out to me. 

I thanked him, accepting his hand and shaking it.  "Could you make me a drink please" I ask him again, pulling a barstool to sit on. 

"I'm sorry sir, but we're closed.  The manager's father passed away" he explained.

"His father passed away?" I quietly asked. 

"Yeah"he pauses for a second.  "But If you want I can make a drink mixed with soda, that way no one would notice I gave out a drink" he suggested. 

I thought about it for a second and shake my head lightly "No forget it.  His father died, why cheat his rules" I say, thinking about what the man could possibly be going through right now.  I can't imagine bearing the pain of losing my father.  We may not speak to each other as much as we did at one point, but it's nice to know I have someone to talk to when I feel down.  Unlike everyone else, my father actually understands how I feel, and that may be because he's away from type of lifestyle I live.  After my mother passed away a couple of years ago, my father was at the lowest I'd ever seen him.  He later moved out of the country and dived straight into work.  Him keeps himself busy with work, and that could be the reason why we haven't been as close, but he makes sure to push everything aside when it comes to me.  I sometimes wish I could've got these working genes passed down to me from my father, at least life wouldn't be this complicated. 

"Sir?" the bartender calls out, bringing me out of thoughts. 

"Yeah.. I'm sorry" I murmur. "Anyway, do you know any other places around here?" I ask, as he looks up, thinking about my question.

"Um" he sighs.  "Well there is this one place that would be open till two, but I don't know if you should go there" he says, making me raise my eyebrows in confusion.  "Honestly speaking, I don't think that place is good enough for you.  It's kind of known as a cheap bar around here.  It may not match your standards." he explained, making me chuckle. 

"Yeah well, not even I match my own standards" I joke, but only if someone knew this wasn't just a joke, and that it was how I actually felt deep down inside of me. 

"What?" he asked, not understanding what I had just meant. 

I smiled. "Nothing" I whispered, putting my glasses back on. "Thank you" I said, before walking out to the car again.