Chapter Nine- Don't Leave Me

Sirius was thrown from the air, with Luna still in his arms.

He lay her down. Her pale complexion stood out against the muddy ground and dark night sky. Hurriedly, he put two fingers on the base of her wrist. Nothing. He felt no pulse.

'No. Please don't leave me. Not like this.' His voice was shaky and uneven. In desperation he tried her other wrist. Nothing again.

His eyes were still red and as he closed them more tears rolled down his face. The guilt he felt was indescribable. If he had just run to her quicker, maybe she would still be alive.

He cradled her in his arms. He pressed his forehead against her freezing one. 'There was so much more to you then I first thought. I'll find a way to bring you back. There must be a way. Any way. Anything. I'll do it.' Silence followed. For a while he just lay next to her in hope she'd suddenly awaken. Though hour after hour nothing happened. He had expected the spritely girl to always remain that way. But it seems that everyone has their weak spot.

Sirius's eyes traveled over Luna's body thus he realised her left hand was in a tense fist, as if holding something. He opened up her hand and there lay her soul, glowing blue but nearly extinguished. This sight lit up something inside of him; giving him hope. He got out his wand and levitated the glowing orb. (One should never touch another person's soul. Souls are pure but easily tainted.) He levitated the soul and placed it in Luna's mouth. Sirius watched her for almost another hour. Still hoping that her soul would revive her.

Finally her chest began to rise and fall with her breathing. Her eyes fluttered open. She was met by a view of Sirius looking at her. He looked dishevelled and exhausted. 'You're alive! Thank you! I thought I'd lost you.' he said hugging her tightly.

'Where are we? Why didn't you leave?' asked Luna as she started to remember what happened. She broke the hug and stood up to get her bearings.

'I couldn't just leave you now, could I? You're my source of entertainment.' he said to try to lighten the mood. He stood up too.

'Thank you.' She smiled.

'I'm so sorry I thought of leaving you. I was stupi-'

'You should know that I forgave you a while back. I overheard you when you were talking to James, Remus and the other boy. Oh dear! I never did find out his name...'

'Why didn't you confront me about it or tell me not to leave?' His heart ached as he began to believe that he meant nothing to her.

'Because it was your decision to make.'

'Luna...'

'Yes?'

'Don't leave me like that again ok?' Luna smiled and took his hands in hers.

'I promise.' Luna looked at Sirius and was filled with warm feeling.

Sirius let go of one of her hands so that he could tuck a stray piece of hair behind her ear. She reached up on her tiptoes and did the same for him, causing him to chuckle. Her hand remained on his cheek so he closed his eyes and, leaning into her touch, felt safe. His tanned skin looked good against the pale of her hands.

Luna was so very grateful that Sirius had saved her, which is why she wrapped her arms around his neck, giving him a hug. She felt the sense of belonging she had been craving, whilst she was pressed up against him. She wanted to remain like that.

Sirius and Luna were interrupted as they heard a high pitched scream to the left of them and somebody shout something along the lines of 'What the bloody hell is going on in here?!'

They both looked towards the area from which the sounds had emanated- the Forbidden Forest. They were in the Hogwarts grounds once again.

'What was that?'

'I'm back...'