Thirteen - Irritation

No way, this is not happening. No waaaay.

Megumi is internally cursing Suna for his big mouth. The lazy fox just had to ask the obvious. She's painfully aware that she looks awfully flustered now. The Miyas, of all people, overheard their conversation. The plan is already in shambles even before its actual execution. Great.

"Is Suna asking someone out on a date?" Osamu followed up, a slight grin plastered in his handsome face. He sat next to Megumi while his twin sat across, beside Suna.

Ahh Osamu, huhu why?

"None of yer business, you losers." Suna, replied with his deadpan expression.

"Ah! Eh – It's actually about me, hehe" Kayo quickly stepped in, taking Megumi by surprise. "Hiromi from the basketball club asked me to accompany him this uh, weekend at Akiba to watch a FLOW mini-concert there, and Suna just happened to ask if we are dating." She was scratching the back of her head while smiling awkwardly, and Megumi knew this as her body language when she's lying. Besides, she knows Hiromi from the basketball club and she knows that he is Kayo's cousin.

"Oya, this is new, Suna taking an interest in someone else's lovelife." Atsumu was saying while looking mischievously at Suna's direction. The guy just looked annoyed af.

"But we have a practice match against another school this weekend, oh – that's tomorrow actually." Osamu prodded.

"I know, I know. That's why I refused."

Megumi owes another one to Kayo. As usual, her friend is an expert at coming up with believable excuses to sway away the conversation into another topic. To keep it going she asked, "So, a club from another school is coming here this weekend. Who are you up to against?"

"Tsubakihara Gakuen from Kanagawa." Suna answered.

"Speaking of which, you'll be at school this weekend too, right Pres?" Kayo asked her.

"Yeah, the council will be doing some inspections at some of our equipment and facilities. After all, next week is the PE fest. Gotta make sure everything works well."

The rest of the conversation went smoothly after that. Until Osamu brought up the question of how she is after the weird thing that happened at the gym yesterday.

"Um, about that, I'm sorry to cause you trouble but I was just shaken up a little. I got almost ran over by a car. I barely managed to avoid the accident."

"Be more careful next time, Kamiya-san." Atsumu said.

"I will. I'm sorry if I worried you."

Impossible. That's what Osamu thought. You were just inside the campus, how come you almost got ran over by a car? Besides, you looked too disheveled and terrified yesterday. It could not have been because of an almost-accident, right?

Suna noticed the serious look from Osamu's face and he knew what he's thinking - that he knows the president is lying. Thank the gods this is Osamu, if it was the other idiot, he would probably prod more until all stones are turned. The bell finally rang, signalling the end of lunchbreak.

--

Saturday came in a breeze and Megumi woke up to her alarm. She picked up her phone and browsed through her unread messages. There was a chat from the student council GC.

Inarizaki High Student Council

MadamSecretary: Hi guys. Here's a little reminder just in case you forgot where your assigned areas are for today. See you later!

*Track and football field safety and equipment inspection: Nakajima and Murasabe

*Basketball and volleyball gym safety and equipment inspection: Kamiya and Saito

*Diamond field inspection and emergency kits inspection + paperwork and venue clearance forms: Ino and I

Mr. mVP: Copy! @MadamPres, let's just meet directly at the basketball gym ^_^

RichKid: Lunch after in new café across school? my treat! Let's meet at the clubroom

BoyNextDoor: Nice bro. Let's finish this quickly

MadamPres:

Sure @Mr. mVP. See you guys later.

MissFreshie: Hai! Ganbari :)

After getting ready, Megumi headed downstairs only to find a bored-looking Suna outside their gate. "Hey, sly fox."

"Is that how you greet your boyfriend?"

Megumi pouted and thought of a comeback. "Don't get too cocky, slouche-dude. No need to pretend if we're here. Anyway, why are you here?"

An irk mark appeared in Suna's forehead. "Obviously, we're walking together to school. You should get used to this, shorty." He noticed the look of irritation in Megumi's face and smiled to himself. Honestly, she was of fairly decent height. It's just that Suna is so tall that when they walk side by side, the vertical difference is too obvious.

The awkward walk lasted for a while. Suna is wearing his signature deadpan look while Megumi's face shows an annoyed expression. When they reached the school grounds, it was Megumi who broke the silence.

"I'm going to the basketball gym."

"Yeah, go there."

--

Suna's POV

"Oi Suna, no slacking off!" Atsumu was yelling at him. Suna knew that he was used as a decoy in the latest play. The toss will obviously go to his twin and the setter just needed him to jump as if he is in spike motion to confuse the opponent's blockers. And since he knew he was just a decoy, he just jumped half-heartedly. As a result, no one marked him and Osamu's spike was cleanly received, which lead to a quick attack by Tsubakihara. 25 – 23. They lost the first set.

"Eh, they got robbed of the first set?"

"Seems like that number 10 is having an off day." He heard some spectators say.

Atsumu looked like he's about to set Suna literally on fire. The guy hates losing, even if its just a practice game, especially if its against an underdog. Suna doesn't care that much. He's just thinking, what a drag. "Dude, why're you sucking today?"

Suna paid no attention to him to avoid unnecessary chaos. He knows how this loser hates losing so he just plans to make up for it later. But at the same time, it also bothers him why he sucks today.

"It's coz you keep spouting garbage!" Aran smacked the back of Atsumu's head. "Don't mind." He tells Suna.

The game proceeded to the next set and the Inarizaki MVBC looked serious to take it this time.